In the starting years of the newborn baby, hundreds of nappies are required and it is very important to choose the right type of nappies. So lot of money is spent on buying. Different types of diapers are available in the market are:-
- Disposables – Disposable diapers contain super-absorbing chemicals with outer layer of plastic. They can be used only once and come in various sizes.
- Cloth diapers – Cloth diapers are attached using pins or clips and they come with a waterproof cover. A woolen cloth is better than cotton.
- Pocket diapers – They possess a waterproof outer shell, with a layer sewed to the shell along three sides and open at one end. Absorbing gels are placed between shell and layer for absorbing liquids.
- All in ones – These have a water-resistant layer on the outside and are easy to use as disposables. These are very cheap as they don’t need any bleaching or soaking.
- Biodegradables – Biodegradable nappies are Eco nappies as they breakdown completely. They are not made from any chemicals but made from materials like bamboo, fabrics, paper pulp etc.
Therefore it becomes very important to choose them correctly and buying bulk nappies which are convenient as well as save money.
Why to use cloth diapers
Cloth diapers are reusable diapers which are made from natural fibers as well as man- made materials. Natural fibers like wool, bamboo etc. are used to make them and man-made fibers are used to make moisture absorbing materials and water proofing layer. Modern cloth nappies come in different shapes and sizes unlike the old cotton home-made nappies. Cloth diapers are popular nowadays due to various reasons described below:-
- Cloth nappies are soft against the baby’s skin due to which they reduce body rashes which occur due to excess moisture.
- They can be used again and again after proper washing.
- They are also environment friendly as they degrade completely.
- They are also good for the health of babies as well as for the workers who manufacture the diapers.
- Cloth diapers also save a lot money as they are reusable.