Today’s working professionals, school going children, and college going teenagers are leading a very sedentary lifestyle. As technology is taking huge strides towards the future, it is also making us lazier by the day. We try to do everything online, right from socializing with friends to ordering clothes. Internet is largely replacing physical activities even among the kids. Once upon a time, kids used to spend a large part of their time playing outdoor sports. Today, they are addicted to computer games, and barely have time to even take a stroll in their locality. Nutritionist Cronulla say that all these trends are proving pretty lethal for the humankind. Let’s see the impact of such trends on every age group, right from children to adults –
- Causing obesity – Since children are increasingly getting attracted towards a plethora of games, they rarely have the time to step outside their homes. Lack of physical activities is a major cause of weight gain. This concern is pretty vital since this decade has seen more obese people than any other time.
- Eye related disorders – Kids who are always in front of their computer/laptop screens are at a maximum risk of suffering from what’s known as the ‘Computer Vision Syndrome’. It causes redness, itching, and irritation in the eyes. This happens majorly due to not blinking the eyes for long duration.
- Distorted view of reality – Teenagers and young adults are constantly exposed to altered content such as photoshopped images, easy access to highly fictionalized content, and adult videos. These provide a distorted view of reality, and often disturb the psychological balance of their mind. Also, teenagers often try to cook up ‘smart’ comments on the internet in order to gain followers and ‘likes’. In real life, they cannot possibly talk like this. This makes them pretty irritable and restless.
- Joint Pains – Adults are getting a hang of technology as fast as kids. Today, every adult, whether extremely rich or just middle class, will have his share of gadgets. Devices like BlackBerry, iPhone, and tablets are causing neck pains among adults. Since people constantly look down while operating these devices, the entire body starts getting disoriented and therefore start experiencing joint pains.
- Neurological disorders – Adults are also at the risk of suffering from neurological disorders. Since they are addicted to technology and are constantly texting, emailing, or interacting on social media, even a few minutes without the same can cause anxiousness, restlessness, and irritation. Even the attention spans of people are getting shorter these days.
Nutritionists have predicted that the trends in technology will only make things worse and deteriorate the health of humans further. A key to survive and stay fit in today’s times is to intake a balanced diet. And that’s not just it! In order to ensure the complete wellbeing of your mental, emotional, and physical capacities, you should indulge in various activities. Visiting a Naturopath liverpool will be of utmost help since they have remedies for holistic healing.