Introduction: There are many kinds of transformers. All of them have different functions and various specifications. Transformers are electrical devices that are tailored made by the manufacturers according to the requirement of the customers. There is a great demand for transformers in the residential sector as well as the industrial sector.
Transformers are usually huge and weigh in tons. At many instances it is required to re-position them after a certain time period. Transformers used at construction sites, for example, have to be reallocated according to the requirement of the site. In such areas, a Package Substation is required. This makes the movement of the transformer easier. At the same time it does not occupy much space and s compact in size. A package substation consists of compartments like a high voltage (HV) compartment, transformer compartment and a low voltage (LV) compartment. The substation is based with a frame or wheels and is provided with illumination facility like lightning for the internal area and door switches. Transformers Manufacturers make sure that this container is made keeping in mind the security and safety.
What are isolation transformers?
There are conditions when a device cannot be attached to a power supply directly. In this condition the role of an isolation transformer comes in to play. The main function of an isolation transformer is to transfer AC power to any other device. This particular device is not in direct contact with the power supply to maintain safety. In other words, the device is isolated from the main power source. The input and the output windings are isolated from each other.
Isolation Transformers Manufacturers Delhi are one of the leading producers in the market. This is because such transformers are regularly used for many sensitive devices. Thus the demand for this is ever increasing and in future will never die.
What are the advantages of isolation transformers?
- The most beneficial advantage of an isolation transformer is that it is the most inexpensive transformer. It requires minimum investment. At the same time it is requires minimum annual maintenance. Thus the overall cost is low.
- Isolation transformer have Faraday shield in them. This helps to improve the quality of power supply.
- Safety is one of the most important and essential advantages. In certain settings such as hospitals, there are many sensitive electrical types of equipments. It is necessary to protect them as it may be a question of life and death. Isolation transformer provides total safety to such delicate equipments.
- The ability to sustain surge is possible when using isolation transformers. This is not possible in the case of an auto transformer.
- Customers prefer to opt for isolation transformers because of the above mentioned advantages.