Pericardial disease looks like a thin fibroelastic sac which is composed of two layers which separate the heart from mediastinal structures. The inflammation of the pericardium is the pericardium.The two thin layers are being separated by a small amount of fluid so that there is no any friction between them.This disease is also known as fluid around the heart.This disease may arise suddenly and lasts for several years.The heart becomes red and swollen.Men are most affected by this disease.
Causes of Pericardial Disease:
- Heart Attack
- Heart Surgery
- Kidney Failure
- Idiopathic Pericarditis
- Infections like viral,bacteria,tuberculosis.
Symptoms of Pericardial Disease:
Common Symptoms like
- Difficulty level in breathing, which is called dyspnea
- Used to feel discomfort in breathing when lying down, which is called orthopnea.
- Difficulty level in swallowing
- Chest Pain
- Change in Mental Status
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- You get anxiety
Diagnosis of pericardial disease:
- Chest X-Ray
- Computed Tomography
- A needle is used to remove fluid from this disease which is called pericardiocentesis.
Pericardial Disease Other Names:
- Acute Pericarditis
- Chronic Pericarditis
- Recurrent Pericarditis
- Chronic Constrictive Pericarditis
Risk Of this Pericardial Disease:
Mostly men are affected by this disease.It affects the age group between 20-50 years.15-30% of the patients get this disease repeatedly. If this disease is untreated it may lead to heart attack.
- The electrocardiogram records your heart’s electrical activity.
- The pictures of the chest inside your chest are being taken by your chest x-ray
- To create pictures of the heart by using the sound waves echocardiography test is being done.
When to Consult a doctor:
If you are having a difficulty level in breathing or if you are having a chest pain that lasts for several months you can consult the best cardiologist in Vizag, India.
Treatments for this Pericardial Disease:
- Due to heart surgery or any other factors if bleeding starts in the body open heart surgery is being performed
- In order to insert the deflated balloon pericardiotomy is performed
- Pericardiocentesis is also performed by the physicians in order to drain fluid.
Medications Recommended by the doctors
Here are some of the medications that are being suggested by your doctors in order to eradicate this disease.
What you can expect from our doctors:
- Our Cardiologists are going to ask a number of questions like
- From when your symptoms have been affecting you
- Do your symptoms have been affecting you all the time
- When you are lying down does your symptoms have been affecting you
Complications of this disease:
Complications like excess fluid make pericardium to put pressure on the heart.Tamponade also makes the blood circulation weak. Pericardial is life-threatening and requires immediate treatment.
Questions to ask our doctors:
If your disease has started becoming worsening it’s better to consult your doctors.When you consult doctors you can questions like
- What are the medications should I have to take
- Should I have to consult a specialist
- What are the best medicines can I take