Travelling is definitely a fun thing to do. Going from one place to another and experiencing different cultures is definitely something everyone looks forward to. But capturing those breathtaking sceneries and landscapes takes a lot of effort. Experts and old-timers of this profession know how hard it is to get a one good shot of a beautiful view. Some says that it takes years of practice to perfect it.
It may be true for some, but there are simple ways for you to capture the beauty around you that may come close to pros.
1. Bring the right equipment. This is a very basic thing. Although a point and shoot camera is handy to bring, the bigger one with better specs can give you the perfect shot or video. Invest on a quality camera or video cam. High quality equipment can give you a better resolution, and you can play with the extra features to bring out the best of the scene. Know how it works and do some test shoot before the trip. Also extra lenses (wide-angle, mid-range zoom, macro, and tilt-shift lenses) and a tripod is needed for support.
2. Do not forget the components. Taking these little things help you on your travel photography. First bring extra batteries, flash, cables, etc. And buy at least three high grade memory cards other than the ones in your camera. High quality memory cards like SanDisk 64 Ultra Micro SDXC UHS I can help you store more pictures. Be sure to format all of it before hitting the road.
3. Plan your shots. If you have the general idea of the location, it would be best to plan everything – from the things you will bring, down to the shots that you will make. It will make it easier for you to know where to take the shots and the exact moments you want to capture if you have a general idea of the place. Assess the location and picture the shots in your mind. You can write it down if you want.
4. Learn basic photography rules. Photography can be a spontaneous activity but knowing the rudiments of this hobby can help you get the photo that you want. Basic rules on camera placement, focusing, depth of field, lighting, etc will add some texture and beauty to the photos. And you can play with the color temperature to make your photos more interesting. Also know the best time to shoot certain subjects and views.
5. Be creative. Once you learned the basics, it is time for you to break the rules and have some fun! Use your creative juice and for interesting subjects that can liven up your photo. Play with the composition, patterns and colors.
The last thing that you need to do is to have some fun! Enjoy and take in the moment! Photography is a combination of science and art, but you can make every shot a pleasurable experience. Capture it wity enthusiasm and zest and know that once in your life, you were able to see and feel the wonders of Mother Nature.