Moving your belongings is not an overnight task. Preparation has to be done several weeks ahead of the actual date ensuring relaxation and peace of mind on the moving day. Your job doesn’t end with contacting a removalist, but arrangement and packing of the things have to be beforehand. If you don’t know how to go about, then here is a guide explaining what should be done when to remain hassle free.
What to do four weeks before the moving date?
- You should begin clearing house. Start by preparing a list of the items, which you actually wish to carry with you. Whereas, rest of items can be left, given to friends/family or could also be donated to charity.
- Hire a removal company and manage all the vital processes related to your home removal.
- Contacting utility companies to make them aware that you are moving is a vital aspect.
- Similarly, landlord should be contacted, so that you don’t have to pay extra rental.
- Buy all required packing materials, which may include paper, packing boxes, wrapping papers, tapes, etc.
What all tasks to undertake two weeks before the moving date?
- Last minute hastening could prove bad; hence, to remain at ease on the moving date, it is good to pack the rarely used items.
- Create a furniture list that will be shifted to new home.
- Get back to the removal services to have words on the moving time, date and locations. Letting them know about the changes in advance like number of items, service needed or any other details to avoid moving cost hassles later on.
- Informing local authority is another vital call to make.
- To avoid complexities in the future, it is good to contact your post office services so that your mails can be delivered to your new address.
What should be done week before of your moving date?
- Leaving aside the things required till the moving date, start packing all the remaining items.
- Inform the friends, relatives, companies, authorities about shifting to new place.
- Pay out all outstanding bills and jot down final electricity and meter readings.
- Papers, milk or other deliveries should be cancelled.
- Safely pack or accommodate items such as passports, important documents, driving license, certificates and other valuable.
What to do a day before moving date?
- Make a survival kit with the important items that can be a toilet paper, mugs, spare light bulbs etc.
- Disconnect appliances and also defrost the freezer.
- Clean the house and show courtesy by placing a welcome card or any takeaway menus and instructions helpful for the new homeowner.
- Settle down early to have good night sleep and wake fresh for the day.
What to do on the moving day?
- Contact your removalist to ensure that they are at your place on time.
- Shut down electricity and also water supplies.
- Pay heed on all the locks of windows and doors.
- After your belongings are loaded on the vehicle by the professionals of the removalist company, take glance to ensure that you haven’t left anything.