Time your session appropriately
No matter what part of the body you wish to wax, be it the legs, the arms, or any other part, the hair needs to be long enough for the wax to grab. The hair length needs to be at least the quarter of an inch. Many experts also suggest that a waxing schedule should only be scheduled after two weeks of periods because it is the time when women experience least pain.
Exfoliate and moisturize
Exfoliating the skin removes all the dead skin from its surface, and also unclogs the pores to release the ingrown hair, which the wax would otherwise not remove. After properly exfoliating the skin, apply plenty of moisturizer, but one that does not clog the pores.
No toners, astringent or ice
Toner, astringents and ice clog the pores of the skin, thus leading to a tight hold of the hair follicles. When ripped off, the process causes more pain and discomfort, sometimes leading to the bruising of the skin.
Applying a numbing cream for waxing
If you want to minimize pain during a waxing session, the best way is using a topical anesthetic ointment like the Dr. Numb numbing cream for waxing. Its application will reduce the pain to a mere tingling sensation. The proper way of using these numbing creams is as follows:
- Wash the area of the skin to be waxed thoroughly with a mild cleansing product. Pat it dry with a towel.
- Do not use any moisturizing cream.
- Take a ball of cotton, and squeeze some cream over it, and apply a thick layer of the same of the skin area which is to be waxed.
- Cover the area of the skin with a plastic wrap and leave it till the skin feels absolutely numb. Since numbing creams come in a variety of strengths, it can take anywhere between 30 minutes to one hour for the cream to begin showing results.
- After the numbing effect has set in, remove the plastic wrap, and wash the area thoroughly with water and soap to get rid of the cream.
- You’re ready for a pain free waxing session.
Be cautious of
Always buy authentic numbing creams, and make sure to read the labels for its ingredients and whether it is safe to use or not. In most cases, the best thing to do is use those numbing creams for waxing that have been approved by FDA, one such cream is the Dr. Numb numbing cream for waxing. Safe to use, this water based cream will in no way interfere with the waxing procedure or cause any harmful side effects.