A bag lifter is a device for lifting heavy and bulky goods. It helps lift sacks and bags. It is effective in industries where heavy bags and sacks are lifted manually by laborers. A bag lifter makes the work of the laborers easy and less risky, as carrying heavy sacks and bags can lead to serious injuries. There are different types of bag lifters available in the market, you just choose according to your needs.
What Is A Vacuum Bag Lifter?
A vacuum bag lifter is very effective in moving heavy bags and sacks from one place to another while maintaining the quality and quantity of the product properly. A vacuum bag lifter can be customized according to the needs and budget of the industry. Moreover, it prevents the case of an injury occurring from lifting heavy bags and sacks. The whole process of bag lifting is hassle-free and vacuum powered. They can easily lift bags varying from five kg to hundred and ten kg at one time by a single worker, that too with minimum physical effort.
Types Of A Vacuum Bag Lifter
There are two types of vacuum bag lifters. The first is a continuous bag lifter which is used for lifting products that may warp on lifting, such as canvas bags. It is generally used to lift bags that contain fragile items while maintaining the safety of the items. The second and most common type of vacuum bag lifter is the one that uses a lock-on mechanism to carry the bags.
Pros Of A Vacuum Bag Lifter:
- A vacuum bag lifter increases the efficiency of a laborer because he does not have to spend long hours carrying heavy bags and sacks from one place to another. This increases the productivity of the laborers because they can spend the time saved from carrying huge weights in doing other productive works.
- A vacuum bag lifter reduces the chances of accidents and injuries occurring from carrying and moving heavyweights. Moreover, they do not suffer from back pain and spondylitis which was earlier a common problem with laborers. Now lifting tonnes of weight has become the easiest with vacuum bag lifters.
- A vacuum bag lifter can be customized according to the needs of the industry and according to the daily weights, it will lift and move.
- Diversity at the work level has increased. More laborers can be hired now, as the capability to lift heavy weights no longer remains a criterion for hiring laborers.
- A vacuum bag lifter can work in any working environment. Productivity is not hampered by frost, rain or sunshine.
- A vacuum bag lifter is a budget-friendly for a company because whereas manual bag lifting required many laborers, a vacuum bag lifter requires a single laborer.
- A vacuum bag lifter can lift fragile items without causing any damage to them.
Cons Of A Vacuum Bag Lifter:
- A vacuum bag lifter requires frequent inspection. It contains a rotary vacuum seal which if left untreated could lead to accidents.
- The maintenance of the vacuum pump is very important because the entire process of bag lifting depends on it.
- The lifting tube should be of high quality because it is the main load bearer. Any negligence or use of low-quality material can lead to accidents or damage to products.
- A vacuum bag lifter may be cost-effective in the long run because fewer laborers may be hired for weightlifting. But in the short run, it is expensive because the installation of a bag lifter requires money.
The above article provides an overview of the pros and cons of a vacuum bag lifter. You can go through the article if you are planning to install a vacuum bag lifter in your factory.