Having to purchase a monitor mount or desk monitor can be tricky? While the whole point behind buying a mount is to boost performance and productivity purchasing the wrong one could defeat the purpose entirely. Before you get around to finalising which one you want to take home, here are some questions you should not forget to ask:
- Do you require just one monitor added or more? It is true that having multiple desk monitors can reduce a lot of back and forth during work, enabling betting concentration, smoother work processes, increased productivity and a boost in performance. However, you do need to carefully analyse whether you need one more monitor added along with a laptop or even more depending on your profile and work requirements. Keep in mind that you don’t want to clutter your desk. Additionally, you won’t want multiple arms or stands surrounding the screens making the whole workstation look overwhelming.
- What monitor do you have? Take special note of the make and model number of your monitor(s). This is important to ensure you select the right monitor mount. Keeping the model and make in mind ensures that you purchase the right item that can not only bear the weight with ease but can also be adjusted effortlessly. The last thing you want, is to land up with a mismatched mount and monitor that’ll only make usage a tedious affair.
- Where will it be placed? You need to have a fair idea of where your monitor is going to be mounted and whether there is a possibility of it being desk mounted. This is an important point to consider because it helps you factor in any space restrictions or work constraints. Once you are sure about the placement you will have a better idea of what adjustability features it needs to have and which model would work best.
- What level of adjustability is essential? A monitor mount is an ergonomic invention meant to enable convenience, ease, and increased productivity. Hence, it needs to have a construction that can easily adapt to your needs. Consider how much vertical and horizontal lift the arms need to have. Remember to assess whether the arms move easily (while being sturdy) or are they hard to manage. Select the one that allows adjustability for a comfortable and relaxed work desk station.
- How much are you willing to spend? And of course, the cost is always a huge influencer when it comes to buying just about anything. Along with announcing your requirements to your distributor be sure they have a good idea of the price range you have in mind. This will ensure that you do not get several options that you cannot go ahead with/ consider and also speed up the process of narrowing down on the right mount for the screen.
Finally, while these questions are extremely important in helping you make the right purchase, it is also equally important to purchase from the right seller. Do your research before you put together a list of distributors whose collections you want to survey.
About the Author: Steven Lam heads Gecko TV Stands & Mounts, a distributor with competitive prices and a varied range of tv stand with mounts and dual monitor mounts.