One of the most popular cities of Rajasthan, Pushkar also draws major attention of tourists towards the city. The small city is worldwide famous for Pushkar Fair which is the largest livestock fair in the world. The annual fair held in the months of Kartik Purnima that usually occurs in October or November. Pushkar Camel fair draws major attention of tourists, pilgrims, local traders, and visitors. The city touches its edges with the great Thar Desert and hence it is also one of the deserted cities of the state. One can enjoy the desert life in the golden sand dunes of Pushkar and get relish from the enchanting activities at dunes.
Things to do in Pushkar desert safari
- Pushkar camel safari- enjoying a bumpy camel ride on the never-ending sleek stretch of desert is the most beautiful feeling in the Thar Desert. Start your desert journey with Camel Safari Pushkar and enjoy the best time in the city.
- Sunset view from the dunes- capture the mesmerizing sunset views over the dunes in your cameras which is the most photogenic moment of the golden sand dunes.
- Cultural evening in the desert- many desert safari tours include a cultural evening in the tour package wherein one can admire the Rajasthani cultural folk dance and music performance over the dunes.
- Desert Camping- an experience of sleeping under the canopy of stars at golden sand dunes with proper arrangement of essentials requires for the Tent in Pushkar is the most enchanting part of Pushkar desert safari.
Desert safari tours
Many desert safari tours are designed by the tour operators which can be opted for experiencing the charm of desert life. These tours offer you a chance to enjoy various activities in the Thar Desert and experience the best time in Pushkar. Starting from short desert trips to day-long desert trips you can avail the best tour as per your interest and comfort. In the long day trips, you can also relish overnight camping in the desert with the nearby excursions from Pushkar. These long duration tours usually start from Jaisalmer or Pushkar with camel safari and then reaches to Bikaner or Jodhpur the final gateway of a desert safari tour.
Major attractions of Pushkar
- Brahma Temple- situated near Pushkar Lake, it is one of the very few temples of Lord Brahma in the country. The temple is featured with a unique architectural style that includes red pinnacle in its structure.
- Pushkar Lake- a lake with 50 bathing ghats is a religious site which is worshipped by many pilgrims who visit the lake for conducting their rituals and customs.
- Varah Temple- one of the most ancient temples in Pushkar is dedicated to Varaha, a boar which is considered to be an incarnation of Lord Vishnu.
- Savitri Mata Temple- located on the top of Ratnagiri hill, this temple is devoted to Goddess Savitri. To reach the temple you need to trek the Ratnagiri hill for about an hour.
Best time to visit
The months of October to March are observed to be the best time to visit Pushkar. During this time you would be able to enjoy the pleasing and mesmerizing beauty of the city and best for enjoying a desert safari in the Thar Desert. Another best time to visit the city is during the time to Pushkar fair to get the glimpses of vibrant cultures and traditions of Rajasthan.
Enjoy the best desert safari experiences in Pushkar and get a chance to visit the most beautiful places in the city. Embark upon the never-ending desert of Pushkar and relish the various activities in the Thar desert.