A very important aspect of online marketing is understanding the basics of search engine optimization. This is something that anyone can do for themselves. However, it is also important to use professionals. For example, once you have built your website, you will want to make certain changes to each page on that website so that it will rank much higher for specific keywords. There are also strategies that must be implemented so that you can take advantage of what is called off-page search engine optimization. This is essentially building links that are pointing back to your website. Here is a brief overview of how these two work together to help virtually anyone get to the top of the search engine rankings for their most profitable keyword terms.
On Page Optimization
Each page of your website needs to be properly optimized for specific keywords so that when people type them in, they can find your website right away. This type of optimization requires you to do five or six different things to each page to get the most positive results. For example,
- All of the content that is on your website needs to be optimized so that it will be indexed as quickly as possible. This is typically done by writing new content, instead of using content that has been used on other webpages, allowing you to have the best possible chance of getting indexed fast.
- You need to use videos, preferably ones that you own that are actually hosted on a YouTube account.
- Third, you should have images that pertain to the particular product that you are selling on each of the pages that you have to provide even more relevance.
- Fourth, you need to interlink all of your similar pages which are typically in individual categories.
- Fifth, you need to put hyperlinks in the text of each article that you have posted, pointing to authority sites that may actually be ranking in the top position for the keyword that you are targeting. This gives the illusion that you are providing the best possible experience for those that are finding your website, and although this may be a genuine effort, most people that create websites are doing so to generate top rankings, and it is more of a strategy than anything else.
- Finally, the sixth and last step is to make sure that you have regular updates as this will bring the search engine spiders to your website regularly. As long as you are consistent, you will easily be able to get your content indexed simply by providing new and unique content on a regular schedule.
What Is Off Page SEO?
This is a type of optimization which is essentially putting links on different websites that are pointing to yours. That’s all there is to this. You could have several other blogs that are hosted on different servers, or you could use a platform such as Facebook or Twitter where you are putting backlinks pointing to your website and pages. All you are doing is adding links to different Web 2.0 properties, and you can also have people do this for you. This is the final part of the search engine optimization process, and can likely lead to having multiple number one positions for the keywords that you have chosen directing people to your business.
This overview was brought to you by Broadcast SEO in Sydney Australia.
1800 GO RANK (1800 467 265)
Level 4, Plaza Building, 95 Pitt Street,
Sydney, NSW, Australia 2000