Do you feel stuck or trapped?
Is something preventing you from moving forward in your career?
Are you feeling upset or irritated?
Are you in a helpless situation?
All of these are signs of pent-up frustration at work. There’s no progress, and no matter how hard you try, nothing changes. It’s essential to figure out which causes the feeling. That way, you know how to cope and which solution to apply.
A glitch in a project, working with disorganized boss or manager, and arriving late in a meeting or work are examples of sources of frustration. Unmet expectations and dissatisfaction in the workplace or among your peers in a serviced office are the roots of the emotion. These occurrences are part of the daily grind. Thus, it helps when you learn how to channel optimism and unstoppable determination.
To reframe your thinking, you must distract yourself. Reading inspiring and positive quotes is one way to that. The quotes are like a chill pill. If you need a boost today, here are 19 quotes on conflict, work performance, office relationships and self-improvement to get you through a frustrating 9-to-5 shift.
Work Outcome and Progress
- “For a tree to become tall it must grow tough roots among the rocks.” ― Friedrich Nietzsche
- “Forget perfect on the first try. In the face of frustration, your best tool is a few deep breaths, and remember that you can do anything once you’ve practiced two hundred times.” ― Miriam Peskowitz, The Daring Book for Girls
- To conquer frustration, one must remain intensely focused on the outcome, not the obstacles. ― T.F. Hodge
- In times of great stress or adversity, it’s always best to keep busy, to plow your anger and your energy into something positive. ― Lee Iacocca
- Expectation feeds frustration. It is an unhealthy attachment to people, things, and outcomes we wish we could control; but don’t. ― Steve Maraboli
- Don’t stress the could haves. If it should have, it would have. ― Anonymous
Dealing with Colleagues
- “A good manager doesn’t try to eliminate conflict; he tries to keep it from wasting the energies of his people. If you’re the boss and your people fight you openly when they think that you are wrong–that’s healthy.” – Robert Townsend
- “Do not think of knocking out another person’s brains because he differs in opinion from you. It would be as rational to knock yourself on the head because you differ from yourself ten years ago.” – Horace Mann
- “When dealing with people, remember you are not dealing with creatures of logic, but creatures of emotion.” – Dale Carnegie
- “The aim of argument and of discussion, should not be victory, but progress.” – Joseph Joubert
- “Conflict cannot survive without your participation.” – Wayne Dyer
- Some people always seem angry and continuously look for conflict. Walk away from these people. The battle they’re are fighting isn’t with you, it’s with themselves.” – Rashida Rowe
- “10% of conflicts are due to a difference in opinion. 90% are due to the wrong tone of voice.” – Unknown
- “An apology is the superglue of life. It can repair just about anything.” – Lynn Johnston
- “Needing to have things perfect is the surest way to immobilize yourself with frustration.” – Wayne Dyer
- “We’re so busy watching out for what’s just ahead of us that we don’t take time to enjoy where we are.” – Calvin & Hobbes
- “Ships don’t sink because of the water around them; ships sink because of the water that gets in them. Don’t let what’s happening around you get inside you and weigh you down.”
- “You’ve done it before, and you can do it now. See the positive possibilities. Redirect the substantial energy of your frustration and turn it into positive, effective, unstoppable determination.” ― Ralph Marston
- “Laughter and tears are both responses to frustration and exhaustion. I myself prefer to laugh, since there is less cleaning do to do afterward.” ― Kurt Vonnegut
You can also use any of these quotes as a mantra. The quotes serve as a distraction to the heavy feeling in your chest. They won’t directly solve your problem, but they empower you and make you feel like you do anything.
Checking out frustrated at work quotes are great pick-me-ups any time of the day. They are free and available all the time. Most of all, they won’t add to the list of your frustrations. Fix yourself a warm drink while meditating on these words of wisdom. It’ll be like a holiday while at work or in the serviced office Makati .