Choosing the right framework for your project is critical to its long-term success and scalability. AngularJS, managed by Google, has been under the ownership of Facebook, owned by ReactJS, for a while. Both frameworks are easy to use and unique in their own way. They are both designed to create state-of-the-art mobile and web applications. Both have some compelling advantages and some disadvantages. This post will help to compare the two so that you can assess who is more suitable for your project.
You can see that both modalities are more or less uniformly adopted, with Angular being dominant for some time and the reaction later gaining momentum.
Overall, React and Angular develop organically with relatively similar dynamics. If we try to forecast the demand for these borderlines, we can see a positive trend for a response, while there is a slight drop in angularity.
Keeping the following figures in mind, we decided to share the main advantages and disadvantages of every frontend framework and help technical professionals or engineers choose the best one for their development needs.
Pros and Cons of Angular
Benefits of Angular
- Angular offers new features such as enhanced RJJS, in the really fast compilation (less than 3 seconds), and the launch of a new HTTP cluster.
- Detailed documentation that allows for effective communication and collaboration between developers, although it has a learning curve.
- Two-way data binding that enables singular behavior for the app minimizes the risk of potential errors.
- MVVM (Model-View-ViewModel) allows Angular developers to work separately on the same app section using the same set of data.
- Dependency injection of features related to components in general with modules and modularity.
- The complex syntax that comes from the first version of Angular. Nevertheless, Angular 5 uses TypeScript 2.4 which is the least difficult to learn in comparison.
- Migration issues that may appear during the move from the old version to the latest.
Companies using Angular 5: Upwork, Freelancer, Udemy, YouTube, Paypal, Nike, Google, Telegram, Weather, iStockphoto, AWS, Crunchbase.
Pros and cons of ReactJS
Benefits of ReactJS
- Easy to learn. React is extremely easy to learn due to its simplified syntax. With their HTML writing skills, React Native developers can easily write in React. Typescript in Angular does not require in-depth learning.
- Extremely responsive and flexible.
- Virtual DOM (Document Object Model) allows organizing documents in HTML, XHTML or XML formats that are better accepted by web browsers when parsing various elements of a web application.
- Combined with the ES6 / 7, ReactJS can operate easily with relative loads.
- Downward data binding enables data flow that prevents child elements from affecting the original data.
- Extremely lightweight because data performing on the user side can be easily represented simultaneously on the server-side.
- Migrating between versions is generally very easy, with Facebook providing “code modes” to automate most of the process.
Drawbacks of ReactJS
- Lack of official documentation – The super-fast development of ReactJS leaves no room for proper documentation which is now a bit chaotic as many developers personally contribute to it without a systematic approach;
- React is unopinionated- meaning that developers sometimes have too many options;
- Mastering for a longer period of time means that React JS requires deeper knowledge to integrate the user interface into the MVC framework.
Companies using ReactJS: Facebook, Instagram, Netflix, New York Times, Yahoo, Khan Academy, Whatsapp, Codecademy, Dropbox, Airbnb, Asana, Atlassian, Intercom, Microsoft.
For a real engineer, there is not much difference in frameworks to choose from. All it takes is a little being used. In our company, we specialize mostly in ReactJS as well as Angular 2/4/5. Every framework has its own rules and cons, and what you choose depends to a large extent on your business goals and personal priorities. If you need help deciding on one of the two, drop us in a line and we can help you choose the one that meets your needs.