Neglecting to perform pre-employment background investigations can destroy the reputation of your organization. The hired employee may have a criminal record, bad driving record, alcohol or drug abuse and more. The business owner is responsible for employee’s behaviour. It saves time, money and trouble to have candidate’s history checked by a reliable screening firm before hiring.
Background investigations are becoming a standard practice for organizations and businesses around the world today. Employment opportunities are increasing slowly in comparison to the number of resumes received by employers. CV’s look impressive, but a big question – Is the information genuine or fake?
Therefore, businesses are always on a watch out for new modes to lessen their risk. In addition, carrying out background authentication is an easy, effective and sound manner. Studying the history and declared competence of the following folks is a positive business practice all the time:
- Current and prospective employees
- Temporary workforce
- Employees on contract
- Executive level candidates
Are you prepared to risk your organization?
- Cost of careless hiring
- Employee turnover
- Violence at workplace
- Fraud and theft by an employee
- Alcohol or drug abuse
- Held responsible for unknown facts
Reasons to partner with a reputable background investigation provides various benefits
- The hired candidate will have an access to your property not just physical assets, but also your company’s valuable information. Background checks lessen the possibility of corporate spying or theft. In addition, you may have to legally screen individuals, on national/international eligibility or ineligibility list.
- Screening for past scandalous records helps to reduce the probability of violent behaviour at the workplace. Therefore, clarifying the character and history of your prospective employees, personnel, and vendors is necessary.
- Investigation helps to verify that the candidates are competent for relevant positions they have applied. Several candidates are lying in their CV’s or resumes, which are detected by screening experts. Thus, you get trustworthy personnel’s only.
- On boarding and recruiting are expensive procedures. By screening, your workforce gives you an assurance that the individuals are qualified appropriately and will not affect your turnover adversely. Potential costly alerts like poor work performance or history of absenteeism can also be uncovered.
- Organization cannot put their reputation at stake. They need to take every precaution and avoid hiring blunder that can twist into a public relation catastrophe. Just one unqualified or having a criminal background employee can blemish a vigilantly built reputation.
- Performing background investigations indicate that you are dedicated to honesty and safety, which are significant factors that builds faith in the minds of your entire existing employee’s towards the organization.
- An employer is legally responsible to be familiar with every employee. You as a business owner are at risk, if you had known that one of your employees had a negative background. If such a thing actually happened, your organization would be held responsible, if that worker had a blemished history.
These are some of the reasons that pre-employment background screening is tremendously important. It helps to demonstrate proper diligence to safeguard your organization in future.
It is vital to hire employees with due diligence to protect your organization from potential workplace violence, theft and other legal problems. We at risqgroup.com provide pre-employment screening services as a part of ongoing safety program.