According to a research report, the average lifespan of a commercial asphalt parking lot ranges from twenty to forty years. However, the regular maintenance of commercial parking lots can significantly extend their lifespan. If your company has a vast parking lot, you will always strive to get the highest return on investment (ROI); the longer the lifespan of a commercial parking lot, the greater the ROI value. People are usually not sure about what the proper maintenance of the commercial parking lots includes?
It is highly essential to pay great attention to commercial parking lot maintenance because it can instantly enhance the parking lot’s overall look, quality, and safety. People should always keep their parking lots smooth and clean in order to attract maximum customers and have great curb appeal.
When a customer visits your workplace and leaves, a properly maintained parking lot will help him stay safe and protect your business against compliance issues and liability. By investing in your parking lot maintenance, you can save on higher maintenance costs and have a long-lasting and beautiful parking area for the upcoming years.
Components of a well-maintained Parking lot
Following are the main elements that can contribute to a commercial parking lot area that is well-cared for.
- Clear and bright markings in order to facilitate smooth traffic and parking
- The absence of potholes can cause serious accidents
- Sealed cracks in order to protect asphalt from any damage
- Sealed and Smooth black surface
Pavement usually gets weakened by direct exposure to water, sun, and the weight of vehicles. There are various techniques that can surely help you extend the lifespan of a commercial parking lot, and mentioned below.
- Try to remove latent materials and accumulated debris from the asphalt surface in order to prevent the development of moss that can break through and weaken the pavement.
- Eliminate hindrances from stormwater structures and catch basins in order to avoid water damage.
- Try to fill cracks and seal coat on a regular basis.
Commercial parking lot maintenance involves various treatments and repairs in order to extend the life of the pavement. According to a research report, asphalt is used in almost 90% of the parking lots because it is susceptible to weathering and damage with the passage of time, and that damage will render it both unappealing and insecure.
However, regular parking lot maintenance can help you preserve the value of the property and ensures vendors, customers, personnel, and visitors are secured when they are in the workplace. Following are the main techniques that can be used to maintain a commercial parking lot.
- Sweeping and Cleaning can help you remove accumulated debris and reveals those areas as well which demand repairs or maintenance
- Sealing can significantly preserve the resilience of the asphalt and also prevent weathering
- Crack Filling is required when cracks and potholes allow debris and water to penetrate the inner surface and then causing severe damage if they are not filled on time
- Repaving is generally required when a parking lot begins to smash, and it is only required once after a few decades
When your business flourishes, you must invest in cleaning and restriping your parking lots as it will ensure the new clients and employees that they have an excellent place to park their vehicles.