We all know that if we want to stay healthy and fit, we should tend to eat more fruits and vegetables. Fruits come in a variety of flavours, like sour, sweet, bittersweet etc. and they are rich in nutrients that our body needs. They have many health benefits and can prevent various diseases.
The right way to start the day is of course with some fruits. You may eat them fresh or maybe make some smoothie. There are a bunch of healthy smoothie recipes you can prepare to detox your body and refresh yourself. Besides smoothies, you can also eat fruits with peanut butter, seeds, oatmeal etc. No matter the way you choose, you will start the day right and get the needed nutrients to keep you going through the day.
Nutrition facts of fruits
- Fruits are natural sources of minerals and vitamins and are important for a proper function of the body.
- They are rich in dietary fibre and as such improve the function of the digestive tract.
- Fruits are healthy for your heart since they contain sodium.
- They are also rich in potassium and as such keep your blood pressure regulated.
- Most of the fruits, especially citrus ones contain Vitamin C which is a powerful antioxidant. These fruits are often consumed to prevent a cold, to help a wound heal faster, as well as for healthy skin, teeth and gum.
Health benefits of fruits
As stated above, fruits are good for your overall health and you should eat them every day. They are the most right energy boosters you can consume. So, whether you are exercising or not, you should eat fruit to give you the needed energy.
The rich nutrients in fruits, like carotenoids, fibre, potassium, flavonoids, magnesium, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin E, vitamin K are great for protecting your heart and thus prevent a stroke, atherosclerosis and heart attack.
Fruits like goji berry, orange, tangerine etc., can even prevent some types of cancer like liver and breast cancer. So a regular consumption of fruits can help in driving away cancer.
Regular consumption of fruits also has a great impact on your skin. They keep it hydrated and nourish it with the needed vitamins, minerals and antioxidants, and the result is a glowing skin that everyone loves. Also, certain fruits like bananas, apples or berries can help acne disappear quickly. The pectin found in apple skin controls constipation, as well as the fibre in bananas. Berries have excellent cleansing properties as well as grapes. And of course, lemon juice can eliminate the scars from acne spots.
To sum up, fruits can do wonders for your overall health, so make sure you consume them regularly. Eat them fresh to get the best effect.