Refrigerated air conditioners is new concept of cooling system. It provides quick and comfortable cooling conditions, compared to normal air conditioners
Refrigerated air conditioner sucks in hot air, sends it outside and cold air. This cooling is done using refrigerants by means of wall mounted units.
- Ideal for humid conditions
- Efficient cooling system. As they provide 1.5 t 3 units of cooling for every unit of electricity they consume
- Refrigerated cooling systems are better for allergies.
- Most of them have a feature called reverse cycle. Which means, they can also be used as a heater?
- Most refrigerated air conditioners run on an inverter which arr far more efficient than single speed air conditioners.
Refrigerated air conditioners are less eco-friendly than evaporative air cooling systems as they use refrigerants to produce emissions.
- Refrigerated air conditioners use more energy due to complex mechanical process.
- Refrigerated air conditioners are more expensive when it comes to maintenance, electricity charges and installation.
- All windows and doors must be shut while using refrigerated air conditioners, as they use a closed system.
What are the types?
One can choose any type according to his needs and preferences out of quite a few options available.
For a single room, one can go for window unit, for multiple rooms, one can choose split system and if someone wishes to cool his entire house, then the option of ducted air conditioning system is also available.
Let’s discuss these types in brief –
- Simple operation and installation processes.
- A hose is attached to this unit, which removes hot air from inside through a window.
- Fits to standard power sources.
- Less energy efficient
- Appropriate for rooms which are 35m2 in size
- An external wall is required.
- Outside wiring should be shielded
- Appropriate for rooms which are 60 m2 in size
- Two separate units are required. A compressor which is installed outside the home and an evaporator unit which is installed inside.
- Split systems work well in closed conditions.
- Different temperatures for different rooms could be set using multi split systems.
Ducted Air Conditioners
- Has two components like split systems
- Sufficient ceiling or floor space is required to install ducted air conditioning systems
- Ducted systems are less visible.
- One cannot set different temperatures in different rooms.
- One can turn on air to one particular area by creating separate zones
- Ducted air conditioning systems are appropriate for cooling entire home.
Ducted and split air conditioners have a single speed motor or a variable speed motor. Variation in speed is controlled by a component called inverter.
Single unit, split or ducted….. very purpose of installing a cooling systems is to get a level of comfort during summers. Over the years, air-conditioning systems have been used by people across the society. In the early days, until late 80’s, their price used to be so high that it was beyond the reach of middle class. However, following the laws of economics, as demand for air conditioners grew, their prices started to come down drastically. Today, air-conditioners are no longer an item of luxury, it has become an indispensible item for domestic and corporate sectors.
Still want to know more? Then let’s to the details and get more information Refrigerated Cooling.