Oracle offers a supportive model, designed for combining SAP or Oracle technical specialists with the SAP integrated processes. The main aim around here is to provide customers with a unified form of the support structure and single contact point or SAP. Oracle and Sap partnerships do not end up with only technology exchange. Satisfaction and customer support are tangible daily benefits of partnerships. A major section related to customer support in the SAP’s requirement is to present wide and immediate support ranging for the onsite consulting staff. It starts from app development to some critical problem response. The SAP supportive group was primarily created in Oracle solution center for coordinating focused customer support.
Infrastructure services and support:
There are some support based Oracle actions available. Those packages include integrated packages of support services. It is used for delivering comprehensive software and hardware support, designed purposely for the SAP users with business critical and mission critical applications.
- As part of service and supportive offering, everyone has the right to access SAP specified systems support. Depending on the long-term relationship, Oracle with Sap continues to collaborate income of the complex interoperability issues.
- Oracle helps in offering the highest form of consulting expertise, designed for IT infrastructure. Some presales architects with SAP expertise are always there to answer and assist with assessments, infrastructure, and deployment, based on geography.
- Along with that, customers have the right to utilize consulting services in conjunction with the Oracle solution center. It helps in covering SAP competency in regional centers and procuring optimal results in some challenging technical solutions.
Major features of Oracle database designed solely for SAP clients:
Thanks to Oracle database with IT architecture, SAP customers now have the opportunity to reduce storage and server costs. It further helps in eliminating any idle redundancy and improves the service quality too. Catch up with the team from RemoteDBA.com to learn more about ways to provide distinct benefits to those organizations, deploying SAP.
Performance and scalability:
The first one in this lot has to be performance and scalability. Let’s just jump right into details on what features are incorporated in this section.
- Automatic storage management or ASM: It helps in distributing data across disks evenly for eliminating hot spots and offering uniform performance. It is comparable to the performance of raw devices and easier to manage.
- The direct form of NFS Client: This section helps in improving throughout NAS solutions like NetApp, with around 50% extra database in NAS environment. It comes with multiple NICs and around 20% CPU saving on some database servers. To top it all, this section works for the real application clusters and single instances. It can further work for Linux or UNIX and Windows platforms. Moreover, the service is easier, faster and available easily than any OS or NAS based turnkey or bonding solution.
- RAC: In case you are looking for scalability options at the database layer, this section is the one to choose. It is related to the existing SAP application layer.
- Index and Table Partitioning: It helps in reducing memory usage, I/O, and CPU workload in a drastically manner.
Once you are through with scalability and performance factors, now it is time for the deployment flexibility over here. Go through the features and matching benefits to get right into details, with a clear idea from RemoteDBA.com, as well.
- ASM: It starts with Oracle Database 11g Rel. 2. The Oracle Automatic Storage Management is a notable storage platform for SAP systems, which are currently running on Oracle RAC and even with the single instance. ASM is also the alternative measure to conventional file systems, volume managers, and raw items. RAC based SA customers don’t even need to get hold of any third party based cluster file sharing. You have SAO based high availability in RAC, as covered by SAPCTL.
- Oracle database: It helps in offering the same tools and features like all other OS and hardware platforms. It can further allow the user to change the platforms anytime they want.
- RAC: Real Application Clusters helps in offering you with a choice between scale-out and scale-up strategies, in case the workload increases.
- Real Application testing: This service helps in testing some changes against some real like workloads and fine tunes the changes before adding them in the production line. With the help of Database Replay, you can rerun some of the actual production loads, which include batch and online user, in some testing environments. SQL SPA can help in predicting and preventing SQL execution based performance problems, as part of environment changes.
- Going for virtualization support: It helps in providing support for the OD and hardware specific virtualization technologies, as planned or already existing. It further provides the best VMWare support for the production and test Sap environments.
Reliability and availability:
It is time to get a detailed idea on availability and reliability. For that, learning the features and chosen benefits will work wonderfully.
- Data guard: If you cannot get the primary database, the standby database can assume the major role. The standby database can be used for reporting, read-write, testing or backups, used for reducing a load on the primary database. It is transparent to SAP applications. After combining with flashback database, data guard removes the need to delay logs application and re-instantiate primary after failover. It helps in balancing availability, cost, transaction protection and performance with a flexible form of data protective modes.
- Flashback technology: This technology helps in rewinding the Oracle database in a quick manner to the existing point. It is used for correcting issues as caused by logical data corruptions or even user error.
- RAC: It helps in offering virtually uninterrupted processing for users and helps in eliminating needs for manual recovery steps. It enables enterprise grid for delivering highest services that might rival and exceeds the expensive mainframes. You can always catch up with SAP Control Utility. This section helps in offering an easy form of user interface to administer resources, dependencies, and scripts of Oracle Cluster ware and available components of SAP.
So many features to consider:
The market houses the best Oracle database features, designed purposely for SAP users. Even after mentioning a strong portion of it, there are some more left. For details in that regard, log online and catch up with the best team for impeccable help. They will serve you right.