Asphalt shingle roofing has turned out to be an economical, visually appealing, and durable roofing solution for residential buildings. With sophistication in roofing technology, asphalt roofing has gained immense popularity, thanks to their aesthetic appeal. This type of roofing offers both protection and distinction to your residents, seamlessly blending with every type of home. You may like a country style home, contemporary, rustic, or colonial residence. In any case, you would find an affordable, yet visually alluring solution in asphalt shingle roofing.
Have a look at the prime benefits of asphalt roofing.
Benefits of asphalt roofing you should know
You can get the asphalt shingles for your roof customized to resemble wood, tile, shades of slate and other materials. Apart from this aesthetic aspect, you can yield more protection as compared to other materials used for roofing. In terms of durability and beauty, neither concrete nor metal tiles can match up the standard of asphalt shingles. Moreover, it is easier to install these shingles. The maintenance expenses are also lower when you opt for asphalt shingles.
Check out the prime benefits of using asphalt shingles:
- Wide range of gorgeous, enriched colours available
- Large array of textures to choose from
- Customized looks to resemble slate, cedar or wood
- Extensive choice of styles of shingles
- Several pricing options available with the reputed brands
- Affordable roofing solution for different types of homes
- Long durability, ensuring optimal value of your investment
- Impressive track record with good performance
- Long lifeline for quality shingles
- Fewer issues related to leaking
- Weight is idle, neither too light nor too heavy
- Excellent resistance to fire
Ease of use
- Asphalt shingles are easy to install
- If needed, you can get them repaired easily
- The maintenance cost is low
- No extra structure is needed to bear the weight
- Ice stops are not necessar
Different types of asphalt shingles to choose from
Asphalt shingles are extensively available in two main materials. These are fiberglass shingles and organic shingles.
Fiberglass asphalt shingles
One of the prime advantages of using fiberglass asphalt shingles is its resistance to fire. This explains the reason for its increasing popularity over organic shingles. Glass fibers are inorganic materials that are used in shingles need a little asphalt coating. This ensures that the roof would become waterproof. For additional protection against ultraviolet rays and fire, shingle roofing is complemented with mineral granules.
Organic asphalt shingles
Organic asphalt shingles are eco-friendly and waterproof. In general, these are made from materials like cellulose, wood fiber and waste papers. These are then saturated with asphalt, along with a coating made of adhesive, using salt and ceramic granules. Organic asphalt shingles have a greater granule content, along with an oil-based content. This, however, makes it susceptible to damage. It is for this reason that organic shingle roofing is not recommended for homes under extreme weather conditions.
Purchasing quality asphalt roofing shingles
Here are some of the best features of asphalt shingles for roofing, that you would like:
- Resistance to damage caused by wind
- Solar reflecting ability
- Resistance to fire
- Resistance to damage inflicted by hail
- Resistance to algae
- High durability
- Locking shingles
- Low cost of maintenance
- High durability
When you decide to install asphalt shingles for roofing, you can choose from a wide array of colours. This includes green, blue, yellow, red, and other popular shades. Besides, one can customize the patterns, as per the looks of the house. Most of the leading roofing manufacturers enable their customers to get these designs personalized. People who are passionate indeed with housing would consult a reputed roofing manufacturer to get these shingles customized as per their requirements.