June is the month of many beautiful things, flowers are one of them. Among all the beautiful flowers roses is the best and well known for its usage in any celebration including weddings. There are hundreds of species of roses available worldwide. It is so versatile that every bride doesn’t have any problem to find exactly what they want. Florists like Flower Chimp always suggest Rose all the time.
A Little Background about the Rose
The discoveries of Rose’s Fossil indicate that it exists about thirty-five million years ago and Chinese are used to cultivate roses in their garden about 5000 years ago. Roman’s are the first who set the rose garden for everyone to enjoy. Roses are not only used for beautifying the environment but it is used as medicines, food, drinks, and perfume.
Variety of Colors
The experiment of roses gives us an increasing number of color varieties. There are lots of colors available like red, peach, white, salmon, cream, yellow, dark pink, purple, and burgundy. Some agricultural scientists are trying to grow blue roses too. Red, white, pink are very popular in modern days. They are used to decorate wedding bouquet and make a great combination with a mixture of other flowers. Roses can make a bride more glamorous while she is walking down the aisle.
Region Where Roses Grown
Nowadays, there are at least over 150 species growing all over the world. Many roses are native to Asia and some of them are coming from Europe.
First plant your roses in an area where they will get 6-8 hours of daylight each day. There should be a space of eighteen inches to grow and maintain a moist soil. These flowers need regular adequate watering. Many growers utilize drip irrigation to make sure that roses can get enough water. Air circulation of the area is also important so, regular trim your roses to provide the adequate air to the plant.
Some Interesting Facts About Rose
- There are couple states like Georgia, North Dakota, New York and Iowa claim the rose as their state flower.
- The fruit of roses also referred as rose hips, contains a high level of Vitamin C. They also used to make syrup, jellies, and tea.
- Roses have normally 5 petals except the Rosa Sericea. It has 4 petals
- Roses are a symbol of love and sympathy. Used as a gift depending on the occasion.
- The tallest rose bush is twenty feet tall
- In 2002, as an experiment, Rose was flown into space to identify the impact of low gravity on the scent.