Just like rubber bands are flexible enough to be bend, moved and can be stretched towards any direction, these flexibles are also known to be flexible! They are constructed with materials which impart them super flexibility and thus they can be bent or stretched with an external force in any direction. These are nothing but electrical wires which can be used for all types of plug-in mains of appliance leads in electrical applications. Since these are critical electrical components, it is always advisable to consult one of the leading flexible cable manufacturers so that you get quality tested and the best product which is durable enough to serve you for long.
Types – The most widely used Flexile Cables can be summarised as below:
General Flexible Cables – These can be implemented everywhere whether it is aconveyor ora crane hoist. The beneficial features of general flexible cables are as below :
- Strong insulation levels
- These are manufactured from nickel-plated copper conductors with high several strand counts
- Available in different sizes
- Durable and can withstand extreme conditions and high degree of stress from bending and motion
Copper Flexible Cables – These are considered because of their high degree of conductivity as its all copper! The benefits of copper flexible wires are:
- High thermal conductivity
- Strong and can be connected easily
Co Axial TV Cables – These are comparatively thicker and have multiple conductors within them. These are used in TV, satellite and cable companies. Their beneficial features can be summarized as below:
- These are generally used to connect different appliances to TV like DVD players or connecting the cables to the satellite dish. These have the capacity to transmit data, video, and radio transmission signals.
- They have a high speed of about 100 MBps which makes them suitable for broadband connections.
Where are Flexible Cables used- The increase in the demand for flexible cables is undoubtedly due to the super flexibility it provides and hence several industries are incorporating these Flexible Cables for easy installation and their amazing physical and chemical properties. Some are also shifting their preferences from other cable categories towards these flexible cables. The application areas of flexible cables are as below:
- The high level of insulation which makes them well suited to exposure towards high temperatures. The equipment which need to be flame proof will use flexible cables as well as those which need higher degree of heat or electric current.
- These are widely used as power cords in electrical devices.
- These are considered in hi-power appliances like ovens, air conditioners, induction cookers and lots more.
- Drag chain applications, applications with repetitive bending and torsion stress, machine tools, data processing equipment, robotics, assembly lines, automation networking, microprocessor and computer interconnects are some of the areas where flexible cables are used owing to their great flexibility and motion.
Insulation of Flexible Cables- The PVC insulation is placed on the stranded tinned copper wires. It is then sheathed with a polyester tape and tinned copper jacket. Finally PVC covering is applied.
Remember to consult the best flexible cable manufacturers to ensure that all the sheathing layers are carefully done and that the Flexible Cable Manufacturers are quality assuredand genuine to avoid any hazards or damages!