Some Samsung Galaxy Note 8 users have started receiving the update to Android 8.0 Oreo. Discover what’s new in this version.
The launch of Oreo is now more than four months old and very few smartphones have already received their update. Fortunately, manufacturers want to push this version very soon on some smartphones. This is the case, for example, of Samsung who had promised us an update of the Galaxy Note 8 features, a deadline already exceeded. Now we can buy new Samsung Galaxy Note 8 On Installments online on any website.
Its size remains well contained, its screen taking most of the front of the phone. Unlike the Galaxy S8, Note 8 has much more pronounced angles that give it a more rectangular look than its brothers of the beginning of the year. Compared to last year, there is no picture: the change is marked. To stick to Apple’s iPhone X, a fully borderless premium smartphone, this screen format not be luxury.
- Update keyboard
- Picture in Picture Support
- A new menu in the launcher during a long press on an app (to put it to sleep or open its settings)
- Secure folder can remain unlocked until device is paused
- Autocompletion API support (with recognition of biometric sensors)
- Change notifications (colorful multimedia notifications, categories …)
- Customization options for notification badges
- Samsung keyboard now offers GIF search with Gify
- More edge lighting options
- Ability to see only the elements of the Samsung cloud
- Ability to back up the contents of the secure folder in the Samsung cloud
- High-quality Bluetooth audio codecs
- Samsung Pass helps manage passwords
Samsung Experience is in version 9.0 (against 8.5 under Nougat) and the security patch applied is that of January 1, 2018.
There are not really any major changes to the phone’s datasheet compared to the S8 last year. We have the right to an Exynos 8895 processor, which is this time coupled to 6 GB of RAM.
This is the biggest change given to this Samsung Galaxy Note 8, which remains otherwise almost in all respects similar to the current generation. Compared to Note 7 which few French people have tasted, we move to the new generation Exynos engraved in 10nm FinFET, ensuring better consumption and better performance.
One of the most disappointing points of this Note 8 is none other than its battery, which passes at 3300 mAh. This is 200 mAh less than Note 7 but also compared to the S8 +. Samsung has admitted: the specter of spontaneous combustions still lurks above the range, and he wished to take no risks. To ensure the safety of its batteries, the Korean firm said to conduct many tests to avoid reliving the scandal of Note 7.