This gives infinite possibilities for gifting, from cotton undershorts for him (do not laugh, ladies, we love new undies), to all manner of cotton content for her how many seconds in a year. However, why are two represented by cotton anyhow? Can it be because the clothing you bought on your honeymoon is becoming ratty and need to be replaced? Is it meant to be one step greater than paper in the great scheme of things? The consensus seems to be that cotton is the symbol because it means both of you have become a lot cozier with each other, and what better way to show coziness than with cotton?
2 Decades Together, and the Way to Mark Them
Two years have passed since you tied the knot–which might or might not have been cotton ribbon –along with your next anniversary beckons. How to celebrate two decades together? Here are just ten romantic techniques to mark this second year. These are just for starters; a few of them can be paired together to make the date much more special.
The second anniversary symbol is cotton.
1. Two roses. This is most likely the least surprising and most anticipated gift there is to indicate a couple of years with each other, so do it. Or, you might want to try a variation. Try two of many different color roses. It is really a different approach that keeps things lively.
2. A two night stay at a spa or hotel. Make the next night a reenactment of your first anniversary night. Do not worry; you’ll have the ability to manage your anniversary if you start saving now.
3. Two of everything now: love notes; kisses goodbye; kisses hello; telephone calls during the day; whatever else you do to each other to celebrate two years of married bliss.
4. The boss will know, trust me. If not, try this instead: choose a two-hour lunch, and meet your partner. Who said you must eat?
5. Recognize that one nagging issue that has vexed you for two years, and put your heads together tonight to find a means around it, or fix it.
6. Carpool. This is counterintuitive, but leave one of the two cars at home, and proceed to work together. This conserves gas, aids the environment, provides you access to the HOV lane, which allows you more time together, and facilitates that two hours, er, lunch.
7. Two dollars per day. Make it a goal to put aside two dollars every day from today till your third anniversary. Then organize a visit, or a fabulous date together. Bear in mind, $730.00 bucks is still a fair amount of money. And if you do this, $1,460 would take you a long way.
8. Write down two things about your second year that you’ll do better at the next. Do not be hard on yourselves, but promise each other you’ll find two things you understand about that irritate them and try to do better. Two matters are a good deal.
9. Fix their preferred meal not after but two nights in a row. No partner expects this kind of royal treatment. The first night, prepare their favorite thing, right down to the dessert. The next night, their next favorite.
10. Visit the library, and pick two books they will enjoy. This sends a powerful message to your partner: after 2 years together, you know their likes and dislikes; you hear; and you don’t mind it if they lose themselves in a fantastic book.
After two years of marriage, it is time to celebrate the good choice you have made in a mate. From the end of 2 decades together you know a lot about them–their mannerisms, what makes them laugh, and shout, and become bored, and become angry. There have not been many surprises for some time. You’ve settled in. Marriage can be a lot like cotton cloth: easily torn, but constantly comfy when it’s fluffed up and treated nicely. Perhaps cotton is the best symbol for a second anniversary after all.