For any type of business, there’s a good investment in high security doors. But, still many business owners are unsure whether to opt for steel or wood doors. A high-raise apartment offer residents great security. Double steel security doors can be installed in every unit. Statistics reflect that more than 80% of the burglars mainly focus on the building’s door for entry. It doesn’t matter how high quality the locks are, if a wooden door is broken, the locks are completely useless, unlike steel doors.
When the workplace consists of different office or rooms in a commercial building, there’s a greater risk and the security alarms don’t bring authorities till 15 minutes have passed.
- There’s a plenty of time for a wooden doorframe to be broken. This is the main reason which most of the safe deposit boxes are not made from wood.
- But, the strength of a steel security door is wonderful.
- These doors are the main requirement of most of the industries. The test of steel security doors guarantees the buyers that these doors cannot be broken easily.
Installing Steel Doors
Steel doors are made for building’s specifications, with several factors in mind.
- The openings of the door locks are engineered perfectly.
- The metal framework perfectly fits to eliminate the space in order to slide the crowbars.
- The installers ensure that heavy doors are hung with a perfect balance. The whole process, including the manufacture and delivery can take quite a few weeks.
- The installation of a security door may require five hours, but steel security doors last forever.
- These doors will never rot and warp or will ever change the shape, which eliminates any dangerous situation.
Steel security doors’ manufacture, design and installation guarantee a buyer for optimum security. This can be a priority for most of the business owners. You can also purchase fire doors. There are several businesses who want protection against fire with the steel security door. Security steel doors also offers increased energy efficiency as they insulate the cold air from outside till four times better than the wooden doors.
- Standard security doors are also corrosion-proof and rust-resistant and there are different designs to choose from.
- Nowadays, security and vigilance cameras are installed over the security doors, for which the cost can go up a little bit. But you must not compromise with the quality at any cost.
Materials Used in Security Steel Doors
The materials which are used in construction of the steel doors include galvanized steel. There are a few points which you should remember.
- While comparing the types of steel, the stronger will be the steel, the lower with be the gauge number it carries.
- Moreover, hot-dip galvanizing offers more protection against the rust than electro-galvanizing.
Enhance Protection with Steel Doors
A security door also offers anti-crushing surfaces, anti-lever cover plates with anti-jimmy strips and steel edges in order to enhance protection. Nowadays, more than 70% homeowners choose security steel doors; so, definitely it should be considered for your company as well. As every type of security steel door can be accommodated by the existing structures, a business which is located in a carriage house or in a condominium can also take the benefits of the protection it offers.
A steel door specialist will provide you with useful suggestions and will also fulfill your needs. They will explain the guarantee of manufacture, parts and anti-perforation abilities. They will also explain the pricing options.
The security steel doors range variably in prices, especially depending on the customer preference. Moreover, you can purchase high security door for less. Though it will be a bit more expensive than standard wooden door, the benefits are truly praiseworthy.