The wisdom teeth may stay dormant throughout the life of a person. These are the last (and original) teeth at either terminals of the down-gum. However, sometimes for no apparent reason, the teeth may decide to let you know of its presence. It begins to grow and tries to come out of the gum. This poses a painful situation for you. You need to visit a good doctor first. Look for specialists like dentist Glen Waverley. The specialist would explain the situation after conducting the diagnostic tests.
Essentially, the teeth may grow in the right direction or the wrong direction. In the latter instance, there is no option but to remove it. In the former situation, a minor incision on the gum line would suffice. That would give the teeth sufficient space to come out without hurting. You need to find the right clinic though. Find the facility where the doctor explains the procedure before going ahead. This is crucial in establishing a professional trust between the doctor and the patient. Dentistry tests can be particularly awkward. Sitting with a sore open mouth and a masked face looking into it is never much of a pleasant feeling. Only when you can trust the dentist, you feel comfortable.
Here are a few other aspects to find the right clinic.
- Available for emergency treatment: A sore tooth can be particularly painful. Often, the pain is so intense that you cannot even touch the cheek lightly. Some patients even get a headache from the constantly shooting pain waves. In such circumstances, you need emergency treatment. Call the clinic to see if it can set up an urgent appointment. Get to the facility fast to mitigate the unbearable pain.
- Website offers immediate relief tips: However, you need to mitigate the pain to be able to drive to the clinic. So, see whether the website has tips to deal with the immediate pain. Essentially, you need to ask about the name and dosage of the best painkillers. However, you need to be careful on a very important aspect. At a recent interview, dentist Glen Waverley noted from his clinic at Ferntree Gully that often patients make the mistake of pressing the painkiller against the sore region. This does not help. Instead, it actually aggravates the inflammation at the gum. Make sure that you are swallowing the pills for them to take effect.
- Does not stress on surgery:For wisdom teeth issues, surgery is not the sole option always. Sometimes, the tooth may only need a slight incision on the gum line. Only when the embedded tooth is growing in the wrong direction, there is any need of surgery. The doctor would explain your situation following the diagnostic tests.
- Latest dental equipments: Ensure that the service has the latest dental equipments. The medical appliances should serve the purpose of the least invasive treatment. Also, improved technology implies that you should expect a comfortable treatment.
- Experienced sedation specialist: Sedation is a very delicate issue. The clinic must have an experienced specialist working with them. Do not forget to inquire about this when you call the service. Sometimes, the doctor himself performs the sedation.