If you are someone who is travelling to London for the first time, then you will certainly have your hands full with amazing locations to visit and exciting activities to do. The list just goes on and on. For a city as big as London, it is believed that you might actually run out of time but you won’t run out of things and sight.
Obviously, when searching for a good hotel in London for accommodation, you want a place that is situated close to the transport system so that you don’t miss the sights and sounds of London City. Well, there are innumerable options for hotels near Earls Court tube station which provide you with the comforts under an affordable budget.
These hotels, especially the Kensington London Hotels are the ones that are widely known for their skills of mind-blowing service and amazing hospitality. One such example is the Park Grand London Kensington, located in the heart of London City, this hotel is what you call the ‘perfect living environment’. Decked with beautifully designed bedrooms and suites which have amazing facilities such as complimentary Wi-Fi and LCD TV and onsite restaurants and bars that have amazing culinary skills, it is an ideal option for someone who is looking for a great stay in the city under an affordable budget.
Some Shops That You Can Check Out
You must be wondering how it is like to shop in Kensington. Well, there is only one word to describe it…fantastic.
Your personal guide that will show you some of the best streets in Kensington for Shopping.
Kensington High Street: Fill up your bags with by shopping from the best brands in the Kensington High Street. Shops like Zara, H&M, and Tesco adorn the street with their presence.
Much similar to the Kensington Street, this area has also got some of the best shops along with other pubs, bars and boutique stores where you will get the best of stuff available.
For a fancier approach to your shopping trek, you can go to the Sloan Street where you will get the best of stuff from the Jimmy Choo, Luis Vuitton, Prada and many other brands.
Recommended Shops And Stores
You have to visit these amazing places as we found it to be absolutely splendid for shopping.
It is one of the best stores, more of a landmark actually. With beautiful interiors and amazing decorations, this place is an ideal visit if you are in the mood for some shopping in here.
This store is another one of the most amazing and fashionable stores in the area. Situated close to Harrods, you will have the best collection of designer stuff in here.
Where else will you get to shop among the brands like Tom Ford, Castener, and much more. Known to be one of the most popular destinations for shopping, this place is certainly worth a visit.
A sophisticated and a small shop where you will get the best quality items for your home. From sofas and beds to chairs and tables, there is a certain variety in the place which makes it a popular name.
Orsini Vintage: How about a dive into the vintage stuff when you are in London. The Orsini Vintage provides an amazing space for vintage dresses and gowns and even bridal wear. Come over for some shopping.
Pickwick Gifts: One of the most popular stores in Kensington is the Pickwick Gifts which is an ideal place to pick a gift for someone special. Form candles to clocks, this place has everything.
Whole Foods: A shopping trek isn’t complete if you don’t get some food for yourself. Well, Whole Foods provides fresh and organic food items for shopping.
Urban Outfitters: Another popular name in Kensington in Urban Outfitters. Here you will get hippie and funky outfits for men and women.
The most amazing markets where you will find everything.
- Portobello Market: The Portobello Market is another great market where you will get the best of goods such as antiques, clothes, and other food items. Open on weekdays and Saturdays this market is a very lively place for shopping.
- Notting Hill Farmers’ Market: This market opens every Saturday from 9 am in the morning to 1 pm in the afternoon. This hidden gem of a market is very famous among travellers and tourists. The bread stalls have amazing collections as well.
- South Kensington Farmers’ Market: A small part of the farmer’s markets, this one is certainly a great place to get whatever you want. Open between 9am-2pm on Saturdays, this lively market is certainly worth a visit.
The choicest supermarkets for you to check out.
- Tesco: Situated near the edge of Kensington is a supermarket where you will get the best items of groceries in a sale. Come over to Tesco and you will have a great time shopping.
- Sainsburys: Another great supermarket that is open on weekdays only, Sainsburys has its largest store in Cornwell Road. Here you will get the best items for shopping. Come and have an amazing experience of shopping.
- Waitrose: A combination of decent-sized mini stores Waitrose is a popular supermarket where tourists and Londoners both like to go for shopping. Situated in Kensington Street, this place is an ideal option for shopping.
- Marks & Spencer: Another supermarket that is a popular choice for the people in London is the Marks & Spencer situated in Kensington Street. From clothes to food, there is everything that you want and more.
- Co-operative Food: Another food supermarket where you will get the best deals on food items and other stuff. Do not miss a visit to this supermarket if you are ever in London.
- Whole Foods: You have surely heard about Whole Foods, right? If not, then you are certainly missing out on something. One of the most popular supermarkets, this one is an ideal place to shop for food and other stuff.
The Kensington area is filled with lots of markets, stores, and supermarket for you to visit. Before you go ahead and check the places, give these above-mentioned ones a try first.