Are you trying to determine whether forklift rental is the right choice for your business or whether you should start looking at forklifts for sale? There are some obvious advantages and disadvantages to both options, which can make determining the answer quite complex. At the end of the day, however, it’s important to determine what is right for you – every business is different, which means that their needs and wants will also be different.
Forklift for Sale
▪ Pro – You will be able to select the exact model that you require the particular project. More often that not, when you hire a machine you don’t have as much choice when it comes to features and models.
▪ Con – You will be responsible for any and all costs associated with the forklift, including: servicing, maintenance, repairs and insurance. These costs can add up over time, making the purchase quite expensive.
▪ Pro – One of the great things about forklifts for sale is that you will have constant access to the machine. You might even find that it’s useful for other tasks that you have been doing manually.
▪ Con – You will often be stuck with that particular machine for a number of years, as updating each time a new model is released is simply not viable. This can often lead to the use of outdated machinery.
▪ Pro – You can ensure that your workers are trained to use the exact forklift that you own. When hiring a machine, workers who are unfamiliar with the controls may require a brief crash course.
▪ Pro – You don’t have to worry about coming up with the funds to make an outright purchase, which can prove to be quite expensive. If you are a startup or struggling financially, this is a fantastic alternative.
▪ Con – You may have to wait until the rental company has a suitable model available. This is particularly true if you require a more up-to-date machine, as these are often in high demand.
▪ Pro – With forklift rental, you won’t have to worry the costs of servicing, maintenance, repairs and insurance. In fact, if the machine experiences any problems it will be replaced so there is no downtime.
▪ Con – You will find that rental costs become exorbitant if you require the machine for an extended period of time. In some cases, you may even end up paying more than what a new forklift would have cost you.
▪ Pro – You won’t have to worry about storage for the machine, as the hire company will simply come and collect it when you no longer need it. A forklift is actually quite bulky and difficult to store.
We hope that each of the points outlined above have enabled you to determine whether forklift rental or forklifts for sale is the right choice for your business at the present time. As you can see, you need to consider all of the advantages and disadvantages in relation to your own needs – this is the only way to know for sure that you’re making the right decision. If you’re still having trouble reaching a decision, ensure that you speak with an expert.