Social media is an important marketing medium. You are missing out on a lot of your target audience if you aren’t spending on social media marketing. The number of social media users is increasing each year. As more people now have access to the internet and a mobile phone, this number is expected to rise even more. The latest global stats indicate that more and more people are using social media and it is having a more profound effect on brands and marketing. Here is a look at the latest global stats for social media marketing.
- The number of internet users in the world has reached 4.021 billion which is an increase of almost 7%. The number of social media users has increased by 13% and is up to 3.196 billion.
- Mobile phone users are hogging much of the web traffic as compared to desktops. Around 52% of the web traffic is coming from mobile phones while only 43% belongs to desktop PCs.
- Facebook is becoming a behemoth in the social media industry. Its potential reach is expanding all the time. The average post reach vs page like for Facebook is around 10.7% while the percentage for paid post reach vs total reach stands at 26.8%. So, it is important to market your product on Facebook and know how to optimize your content to maximize its reach.
- 95% of the adults in the age range of 18-34 that are connected to the internet are most likely to use social media for following a brand. Around 71% of the users who have had a good experience with a brand’s social media services are likely to recommend it to their friends and family members.
- The brand pages on social media aren’t followed that much by people who actively discuss their products online. 96% of the people that discuss brands don’t follow their profiles on social media networks. Thus, in order to get insights from them, companies need to expand their reach to these conversations that are taking place beyond their own channels.
Visual content gets shared 40 times more than any other content type on social media.