When you need legal support and direction to come out from the relation that harms your inner and outer peace, you would look out for Family Lawyers Melbourne. During the time, if you notice there are two different terms, attorney and lawyer. Many people have a misconception about both of this and even they believe both are the same.
But, what’s the truth? Let’s explore!
For the need to divorce, who to contact Divorce Lawyers Melbourne or an attorney? Are they both the same? The answer is NO. However, both the terms are used interchangeably but there are differences between these two. Knowing both the terms and differentiate them can be crucial to make the better choice for the legal representation and it will save a lot of money.
Quick-pick difference between these two:
I think this could be an easy way to identify both of them and select the right one in the right situation.
- A lawyer is a person who has completed law and has enough knowledge about the procedures. But, the person may not have passed the legal license for that particular region. Although a lawyer has a complete understanding and knowledge about all the legal procedures, they couldn’t represent you in the court if they haven’t a legal license.
- On the other hand, an attorney has completed the required examination and achieved the moral character qualification with the legal license to practice law.
Also, it could be easily determined whether the person is an attorney or lawyer with the help of the title. Let me clear you with an example. (However, this could be different in other regions) a lawyer may use the JD (Juris Doctor) after the name. And, attorney includes Esq. after the name. Through this way, they showcase their identity to the world. A well-known saying about this discussion is, “every attorney can be a lawyer but not every lawyer can be an attorney”.
When to look for an attorney?
In a simple word, if you are into a civil lawsuit like divorce then you need the legal direction of an attorney. A skilled attorney can help you with below matters,
- Help you with the legal court representation
- Matters related to asset division, spousal support, and child custody
- Negotiation of the damages from a personal injury claim
When looking for a lawyer?
Although, the decision depends on your needs a lawyer can be a valuable resource for you and to handle the legal procedures. Below are the processes that a lawyer can handle,
- Give advice on tax-related issues
- Direct you with the legal procedures and lingo
- Manage and assist you for the will or trust
- Help you for the corporation establishment
Even though they haven’t completed the required exam or they do not have a license, a qualified lawyer can be your helping hand throughout the legal procedure.
So, whom will you approach for the family matters an attorney or Family Lawyers Melbourne? I hope, this guide has helped you know about both the terms. Ask us more for the latest updates and the right guidance!