Hardware is a common name used for machines or a combination of two or more machines working in a coordination to lessen the human efforts for doing a job.
A kitchen is a best example of hardware coordination in any common house hold. Every kitchen has some kind of kitchen hardware fittings which are already in plan of use before finalizing the interiors. These hardware are
- Pipelines are a hollow tubular cylinders hardware used to get the fresh water inlet in the kitchen and also to get the waste water out of the premises thru sewerage system. Some of the pipeline types used in kitchens are.
1). Steel pipes are a twentieth century inventions and are most likely used in plumbing purposes under the kitchen walls and floors. These are used commonly because of their anti-corrosive nature.
2). Copper Pipes are a very good heat conductors and are mainly used in hot water in lets to keep the water warm during its inlet from geyser to kitchen faucet.
3). Aluminum Pipe are used basically for their ease of shape bending quality in corner faucets.
4). Plastic Pipes are also anti corrosive and comparably cheap in installation. These are not recommended for heated water lines.
- Faucets are commonly called taps and used to regulate the water and gas flow in the kitchen. Types of taps are.
1). Carbon steel taps are a type of iron taps used commonly in previous kitchen models, these are still in use with antique designs.
2). Alloy steel Taps are the modified version of carbon steel and are anti-corrosive in nature. These taps are more likely to be present because of ease of modulation in different designs.
3). Cast Iron Taps are mostly used as a valve for the main pipe inlet and outlets.
4). Aluminum Taps are made of aluminum and were most commonly in use in nineteenth century kitchens. These taps were more effective than previous iron taps.
5). Brass Taps are made of brass alloys and are the most common taps in use because of its strength and corrosion less nature.
6). Bronze Taps are made of bronze alloys and are famously bought for their looks and authentic colors.
7). Plastic Taps are the cheaper in cost and anti-corrosive. Their quality of modulation makes them popular in fixation and designs.
- Sinks are used to wash vegetables and dishes and are an essential part of kitchen hardware. A few Types of Kitchen sinks can be described as.
1). Stainless steel sinks are light in weight and easy to handle.
2). Granite or stone sinks are mostly custom made and are a little heavy. These sinks need a strong base to be put on.
3). Copper sinks are mostly used for decoration purposes.
4). Fireclay or ceramic sinks are made of vitrified materials and are very easy to handle. Theses sinks are fragile in compare to steel and copper sinks.
5). Glass sinks are most authentic and attractive sinks of all and are hard to fix.
- Cabinets are the modern day required hardware for a kitchen. Cabinets can be divided in to categories as below
1). Custom made cabinets are the cabinets built specifically for a desired place in a kitchen. These can be made of wood, MDF, PVC, Iron sheet or Aluminum depending upon consumer’s choice.
2). Modular Cabinets are pre designed and factory built cabinets, these cabinets comes in different sizes and materials and are easy to fix as well as cheaper in price because of the quantity production.
3) Fixed wall Cabinets are the cabinets made of bricks and are fixed permanently in to the kitchen walls. These cabinets usually have shelves made of bricks.
4) Custom modular cabinet Custom modular cabinets are the cabinets with steel structure and are built specifically for a kitchen designed. These cabinets are as neat and clean as modular cabinets and as strong in strength as custom cabinets built and fixed as per customer’s requirements.
- Hinges are a hardware that is used to fix doors in to the cabinets. They are usually of four types.
1). Iron hinges are made of cast iron and are in use since fifteenth century.
2). Brass Hinges are made of brass metals and are a little expensive but highly recommended for their strength.
3). Aluminum Hinges are less responsive to heavy weight but are good anti-corrosive.
4). Steel Hinges qualifies for anti-corrosion and heavy lifting both and are also cheaper than brass hinges.
- Cabinet knobs are used to open and shut the cabinet doors in a kitchen. These knobs comes in several different materials, designs and colors. A few of them are mentioned as below.
1). Wooden Knobs are made of wooden pieces and f\having a screw in one end to get fixed in cabinet door.
2). Iron Knobs were the very first knobs in use and are still available in antique designs and colors.
3). Stone Knobs are made of stones carved beautifully in shape to be held easily and are fixed with a screw on one end.
4). Steel Knobs comes in different colors, sizes and shapes and are joint mostly on two sides.
5). Ceramic knobs are molded knobs with a screw.
6). Glass Knobs are made of glass. These are mostly transparent and gives a unique look to the cabinet doors.
7). Plastic Knobs are light in weight and easily fixable.
8). Brass Knobs are the antique ones with mostly carved up shapes on them.
9). Aluminum Knobs are the cap shaped knobs and fixed on two sides.
You can find one of multiple kitchen hardware fittings in every kitchen. There is no traditional or modern kitchen left that doesn’t have these hardware installed.