Some Luxury Train Journeys in India
The moment we hear about train trips in India, the impression that usually flashes out of our imagination is that of crowded compartments, raucous passengers, cacophony of vendors and fighting with co-passengers about luggage space. Though this picture might still hold true in various parts of India for people who travel in typical express, mail or local trains, but this is not the end of what Indian Railways is all about. Contrary to the general notion of trains in India, the Indian Railways has a list of ultra-luxury trains which will redefine your idea of train trips. You may check the Indian train enquiry to get more information on these trains. Travelling in one of these would be a journey of a lifetime where you will be in no hurry to reach the destination.
- Maharajas’ Express: Endowed with the title of “World’s Leading Luxury Train” by the World Travel Awards for six years in a row, Maharajas’ Express tops the chart of luxury trains in India. The princely train was initiated with the idea of exploring India’s heritage, palaces and forts while being treated like royalty. The train offers features like bar, lounge, pneumatic suspension, television and wifi along with lavish washrooms and plush dining facilities. Covering over 12 destinations around North-West and Central India, the train offers different suites to its passengers to choose from. Do check the IRCTC enquiry services or the train’s private website for more details.
- The Deccan Odyssey: An initiative of Maharashtra Tourism, The Deccan Odyssey is luxury beyond imagination. While the royal blue exterior of the train gives an impression of gallantry, its opulently designed cabins oozes grandeur. Riding through the picturesque Western Ghats, the train chugs through parts of Maharashtra, Konkan areas and offering a glimpse of the majestic Deccan Plateau. The train can give a premium 5-star property a run for money with features like multiple restaurants, mini gym, sauna, parlour, bar and business centre.
- Royal Rajasthan on Wheels: True to its name, Royal Rajasthan on Wheels takes its travellers through the rich heritage of Rajasthan while giving a taste of the hospitality and valour of Rajputs. The intricately designed cabins gives a taste of royalty while the fine-dining facilities and spa give an experience of a luxury hotel.
- The Golden Chariot: An initiative by the Karnataka State Tourism Board, the Golden Chariot travel through some of the most scenic parts of Karnataka, Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Pondicherry. Its advisable to check the IRCTC train enquiry between two stations for travellers of Golden Chariot. While enjoying the picturesque terrains, the travellers can also relax in the in-house Ayurvedic spa or relish scrumptious meals in the fine-dining restaurants.
- Palace on Wheels: First of its kind, Palace on Wheels brought in the concept of luxury trains in India. Operating between September to April annually, Palace on Wheels was the first heritage train with deluxe features. Decorated in true Rajasthani style, the train gives a chance to experience the royal era.
So if you want to splurge on your next train trip and enjoy a joy ride while feeling like royalty, book yourself a seat one of these trains! But don’t forget to do a prior research through IRCTCtrain enquiry.