Stainless steel is an alloy of iron which contains chromium that prevents corrosion. Chromium produces an oxide of thin layer on the surface of the stainless steel thereby preventing it from corrosion. If the rate of chromium is high, the stainless steel will have high resistance to corrosion. Stainless steel contains different elements like manganese, carbon and silicon in different proportions. In addition to these elements it also contains nickel and molybdenum which increases the corrosion resistance and formability.
It is not compulsory for stainless steel tubing to be circular. Stainless steel tubing can be made into different shapes as well as in different thickness. The different shapes which it can be molded to are- oval, round, flat shapes and rectangle. The ordinary steel may corrode, rust, or stain if it is put in water whereas stainless steel overcomes this problem. To use in the industry stainless steel tubing comes in different finishes for surface and grades. The different areas where stainless steel tube is used are oil and gas equipments, petrochemical plants, sea water applications, food and beverage industry, water treatment plants, pharmaceuticals etc.
Applications of Stainless Steel Tubing
Different industries using stainless steel tubing are–
- Aircraft hydraulic lifts, which uses large amount of chromium and small amount of nickel.
- In many machines which is used in many factories, mills and production lines.
- In the auto industry ,stainless steel tubes are used in producing high quality mufflers
- High resistant varieties of stainless steel tubes are used in industrial, aerospace, military and nuclear developments. The high resistant variety of stainless steel is made with toughest alloy to achieve certain needs.
- In certain households stainless steel tubing of various kinds is used such as refrigerators.
- In order to prevent corrosion and gas leaks, the industrial gas lines and household gas lines are made of stainless steel.
- Stainless steel tube is used by civil water transport system which allows the water to be kept clean.
- In buildings and vehicles stainless steel tubing is used to provide structural support.
Benefits of Stainless Steel Tubing
- Stainless steel is highly resistant to corrosion. The elements present in the water and atmosphere won’t cause any harm to the stainless steel.
- Stainless steel is commonly used in hospitals, food processing plants and in kitchen. Because these areas is very strict in the case of hygiene. It is very easy to clean.
- Modern technique provides an easy way to cut, form, weld and fabricate the stainless steel.
- Stainless steel is very strong
- Stainless steel is not so expensive material while comparing with the other material.
- Stainless steel tubes can undergo very hard climatic conditions and also withstand with high external and internal pressure and hence it can be used in water, oil and gas transmission.
Manufactures of Stainless steel tubing
Some of the major stainless steel tube manufactures are-
Apex tubes private limited
This is one of the most trusted Stainless steel tube manufactures. This company has got ISO certification. The company was started to produce stainless steel tube as well as to provide solutions to Stainless steel tube industries.
Stainless steel pipes and tubes
This is also an ISO Certified company which is also a major Stainless steel manufacturer and developer. They also play a major role in exporting of stainless steel pipes and tubes. The company can provide the product with necessary certificates.
SNB Enterprises Pvt. Ltd
The company deals with manufacturing and exporting stainless steel. The company is manufacturing different items of stainless steel which include stainless steel cutlery, stainless steel utensils, stainless steel tubes, stainless steel pipes etc.