You have already decided you have some savings, you have made numbers and you are going to get involved in one of the most important adventures of your life: buy a house. But as you start you realize that it is not as simple as you imagined. You can also take help from any expert like Len Wong or also known as Leonard Wong Toronto a Toronto based business executive and founder of Genetix Consulting.
Thing to be considered very Carefully When Purchasing a House:
- Another thing you should consider when buying a flat is asking for the certificate of occupancy: is a building that will happen for reform after purchase, if a ruined building or if you move from be a place to a house.
- Before buying a house, you must know if the house has an Energy Efficiency certificate or not.
- Another thing to keep in mind when buying a house is to see if the house has a damage insurance against any accident.
Know if the house has a Building Book:
- (It is a document signed by the builder and the promoter and it is provided by the property manager).
- What you should look at when buying a flat will be, also, the state of the Technical Inspection of buildings (It is passed every 10 years in buildings with more than 20 years old).
- Another thing you should know before buying a flat, is if there are pending works to be done in the building: Know the ones that have already been done and if there are any planned.
Knowing the rules of the community of neighbors:
For example, if pets are allowed) is another aspect that must be taken into account when buying a flat if this is something important for you.
Another of the things that you should look at when buying a flat is, without a doubt, to know what is the state of the plumbing and the electricity of the house. This is to check the pressure of the taps and make sure that the light box works properly.
The minimum sale value established by the community:
ES important what you have in mind is the price to find out what the payment to be made in the transfer tax.
The most important aspect that you have to take into account when buying a flat is that you define exactly the price of the house (does not pay for a price lower than the real price of the house) and in what way you are going to pay (metallic, check…).
Now you know all the aspects that you should value before buying a flat. However, you may find yourself overwhelmed by the number of aspects and legal papers that must be attended.
MISTAKES YOU SHOULD NOT MAKE WHEN BUYING:
- A bad decision can have consequences and more when it comes to investing in housing. If you do not save you are committing a serious mistake, because not having accumulated capital will make it very difficult to purchase since financial institutions only lend up to 70% of the value of the home.
- Remember that you can finance the purchase of your home with a credit either in pesos or in UVR. The best system is one that adjusts more to your ability to pay and the way your income varies.