The average consumer time lost due to global cyber attacks was 19.7 hours. In addition, even if they have experienced cyber crime, victims often continue to maintain their own unsafe behavior. These consumers will still use the same password on different accounts after a cyber attack. Not only that, they are twice as likely to share passwords with other people as the average consumer. These unsafe behaviors pose potential risks to consumers’ cybersecurity.
To make matters worse, even though 76% of consumers realize that they should actively protect their online information security, they still share passwords and other dangerous behaviors. In addition, 35% of consumers have at least one device that is not protected, which may cause other devices to be vulnerable to ransomware, malicious websites, zero-day and phishing attacks.
So the question is what to do to get rid of these?
Norton Internet Security has won international awards and is recognized as the fastest and lightest security protection package available. It provides comprehensive network threat protection. Norton’s intelligent scanning function is only for the scanning of dangerous files.
It is the fastest in the industry. Scanning tools, installation speed is faster than other brand safety products, and the memory footprint is much lower than other package products. Not only this, Norton Internet Security provides powerful protection against viruses, spyware, online identity theft, and more with a security suite – Norton 360 support that is proven to 100% detect and eliminate online threats.
The latest upgrade of this antivirus uses four powerful and unique layers of protection to prevent threats from intruding into your computer without slowing down your computer. The other features of this upgrade include:
- Norton Total Protection System: Provides industry-leading security features with four unique and powerful layers of protection that have proven to proactively block all online threats and prevent them from infecting your computer*.
- Intelligent analytics: Prevent new online threats by checking the source of the files and the time they exist, preventing them from causing problems in advance. For this, you need to get in touch with Norton Symantec customer service.
- Improved feature – Download Smart Analytics 2.0: Protect your computer from dangerous applications by notifying you if they are harmful or unstable before you install the app.
- Norton Web Security: Proactively protects you while browsing the web, alerting you and preventing them from being insecure and fake websites directly in search results.
- New feature – Norton Management: Based on cloud technology, you can download, install, transfer, update, or renew Norton products from anywhere, directly from the Internet.
- Unique feature – Parental Control Management: Lets you track your children’s online activities with the award-winning Norton remote services, so you can protect them from online threats.
- Network Threat Protection: Detects and eliminates threats transmitted over the network from intruding on your computer.
- Browser protection: Proactively protects you by checking and blocking online threats such as unauthorized Norton internet security login as they load, preventing them from causing harm.
- Other New Feature – SONAR 4 4th Generation Active Behavior Protection: Monitor your computer’s suspicious behavior to detect and block new threats more quickly and accurately.
- Support for Norton Safe Web for Facebook: Scan for dangerous downloads in News Feed and links to unsafe websites, and alert you and your Facebook friends about this.
Given below are the system requirements for the latest Norton internet security update.
Supported operating systems
- Microsoft® Windows® XP (32-bit) Home/Professional/Tablet PC/Media Center (32-bit) SP2 or higher
- Microsoft Windows Vista® (32-bit and 64-bit) Starter/Home Basic/Home Premium/Business/Ultimate Service Pack 1 or higher
- The Windows 7 operating system b y Microsoft , version – (32-bit and 64-bit) Home Basic/ Ultimate
Minimum hardware requirements
- Microsoft Windows XP – 300 MHz, Microsoft Windows Vista / Microsoft Windows 7 – 1 GHz
- 256 MB of memory
- 300 MB free hard disk space
- CD-ROM or DVD drive (if not installed by electronic download)
Browsers capable of supporting “phishing protection” along with “safe search” and the “password management” functions:
- The version of Microsoft Internet Explorer that are 6.0 or higher (32-bit only)
- Mozilla® Firefox® 3.0 or higher (32-bit only)
- Google ChromeTM 10.0 browser or higher
Mail Service Providers that Support anti-spam
- Microsoft Outlook® 2002 or higher
- Microsoft Outlook Express 6.0 or higher
- Windows Mail (only supports spam filtering)
Browser that supports the “vulnerability protection” feature
- Internet Explorer version 6.0 or higher (32-bit only) by Microsoft
- Mozilla® Firefox® 3.0 or higher (32-bit only)
Tip – Email scanning is only available for POP3-compliant email clients. For more information, get in touch with Norton customer service.