A Netgear WiFi range extender works to increase and boost up the reach of an existing WiFi network into dead zones, blind spots, and poor connectivity areas where it could not reach before.
New extender setup with your main WiFi router perk up the router’s range up to 20x faster and deliver it into hard-to-reach areas.
The most simple and easy WPS method for Netgear extender setup
- On your WiFi range extender, please push the WPS button on it.
- Hold it gently with soft hands for 10-15 seconds or the WPS LED on your extender start blinking.
- Wait for 2-3 minutes.
- After that, push the WPS button on your existing WiFi router.
- Wait for another one minute while your range extender connects to your existing home WiFi network.
Once successful, the WPS LED on your range extender will turn solid green and the 2.4GHz link Rate LED will also light up.
Note: In case, suppose the 2.4 GHz Link Rate LED does not light up, then you don’t have to worry, simply repeat steps 1 and 2 and make sure your main WiFi router supports the WPS feature.
On the other hand, if your main WiFi router supports the 5 GHz band, simply repeat the steps 1 and 2 and connect your range extender to the 5 GHz band. Once the connection is successful, the 5 GHz Link Rate LED on your Netgear WiFi range extender will light up.
As soon as the new extender setup process is completed successfully, the extended WiFi network for each applicable band will be broadcast as:
- Network name_2GEXT.
- Network name_5GEXT.
Please note this down that you connect to your range extender’s network name (SSID) using same password/passcode as that of the main wireless router’s WiFi network.
If you want to configure your Netgear wireless range extender without following the WPS method mentioned above, then you can configure your device without WPS by following these steps.
How to Connect a Netgear WiFi range extender to the wireless router without WPS
Connect your Netgear extender with Ethernet:-
- Connect your Netgear range extender to your computer/desktop/PC or laptop with an Ethernet cable.
- Launch an internet browser on your connected device.
- Enter mywifiext.net into the browser’s URL bar field.
- Hit Enter.
The login page will display.
- Enter the login credentials (username and password) that you personalize during the setup process. If not, use the default one.
- Click on Log In button.
- Select ‘Setup’ and after that, the ‘Wireless Settings’ option.
- Next, the ‘Under Security Options, please verify that the value in the Password/passkey/passcode field matches your existing WiFi router password.
- In case the password does not match, please change it.
- Click on ‘Apply’ once done.
You can now connect your WiFi devices to the Netgear wireless range extender.
Connect your range extender with WiFi:-
- In the first place, you have to push and hold the Factory Settings button on your range extender for a few seconds.
Your WiFi range extender resets
- After that, get connected to the range extender default SSID i.e. NETGEAR_EXT through a computer or laptop.
- Now, load up a web browser on your connected device.
- Type www.mywifiext.net into your open web browser’s address bar field.
- Press the Enter key.
Mywifiext.net login page displays
- Enter your login credentials and after that, click on Log In.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to connect your range extender to your existing home WiFi network.
Note: If your main WiFi router uses the WEP (Wired Equivalent Privacy) security, then you are supposed to enter its SSID and network key when prompted.
Finally, you can connect your WiFi devices to the Netgear WiFi range extender.
Note: If you don’t have the default login details, have a look onto Netgear WiFi range extender manual once.
Have you personalized the credentials? Have you forgotten or lost them? Don’t worry, let’s go with the Netgear password reset process. For this you have to reset your device.
And to reset your device, you have to:
- Log in to your extender by entering 192.168.1.250 into the address bar field of an internet browser.
- Click on the ‘Menu’ icon.
- And when the extender menu displays, please select ‘Settings’ after that, ‘Other’ and then the ‘RESET’ option.
- Please confirm your decision on the next displayed screen.
And that’s it. Your extender resets.
If you are facing issues in following all the aforementioned steps, then please dial our toll-free number 1-866-504-8616 and ask us for Netgear extender support.
Are you facing issues in accessing mywifiext.net? Yes? Then follow the steps given below.
- Bring your router and the extender in the same room.
- Make sure that both the devices are properly plugged in.
- Make sure that LEDs on your extender are stable.
- Try to login from a different web browser.
- Clear cache, cookies, browsing history and malicious files your PC or laptop prior to logging in.
- Ensure that your PC or laptop is connected properly to the Netgear extender via Ethernet cable.
- Perform Netgear firmware update on your device regularly.
Note: To get mywifiext.net setup and login success, it is recommended to avoid signal interference from cordless phones, baby monitors, Bluetooth speakers, electronic gadgets, microwave, metal appliances, metal appliances, treadmill, automatic garage opener, refrigerator, concrete walls, security alarms, windows, public WiFi, and reflection of the mirror as well.