All great musicians or guitar lovers may know that there’s nothing like playing a good electric guitar. An electric guitar is basically a guitar that involves one or more pickups. It then transforms the vibrations of the strings into electrical signals. The vibrations are caused when a guitarist strums, tugs, fingerpicks, taps, or plucks the strings. Many of the great musicians in history have attained fame, and became worldwide sensations by playing the electric guitar, and you can be one too!
But in order to make your electric guitar your power weapon, you need to sharpen it every once in a while. And in guitar terms, it would mean tuning it and engaging in regular maintenance. To be honest, for routine maintenance purposes, you don’t really need any rocket science tools or skills. You just need a set of basic tools, and you are good to go. But yeah, in case of more complicated and serious issues, you need a professional who will take care of your Electric Guitar Repair. Colourtone Guitars is the best guitar repair service in Carlton and will fit your bill just perfectly. They have a team of friendly, trustworthy professionals who have been dealing with guitar problems for years now.
Tools that will help you take care of your electric guitar
Keeping your guitar in good condition can be difficult and expensive. Visiting Local Guitar Repair Shops every now and then can prove to be quite costly for you. But, no worries, you just need the following five items on hand. Having these, you will be fully equipped to maintain your guitar perfectly. And this will ensure that you never need extensive guitar repairs.
- Allen key: These keys are used to adjust the guitar’s truss rods. Truss rods are present in the majority of the electric guitars, so that the natural changes can be corrected which go through the neck. In most cases, evolving seasons exposes your guitar to changing temperatures and humidity, which alters the shape of your guitar’s wooden parts. If unchecked, the neck may bow towards the strings or even bow out.
- Wire cutters: Any good pair of wire cutters will do the trick. When working on your electric guitar, you may need to make some precise and small cuts in tight places, so make sure to get a sturdy and small wire snips. These also offer a clean cut to the excess string on the tuners.
- Soldering gun: Learning to solder isn’t hard, and comes handy when you might want to change out your pickups, or do some repair of the wiring. Soldering guns are quite inexpensive, and once you get the hang of it, you are sorted for life. You will never have any more trouble with wiring issues of any electrical instrument.
- Electrical contact cleaner: These products are offered in aerosol cans and solve many of your guitar problems. A dirty instrument is bound to make cracking noises when plugged in. So, it’s a must you try to clean it out well. All you need is a quick spray beneath the pickup switch and you have yourself a quick fix at home.
- Fret cleaner: Dead skin, sweat, or dirt will eventually ruin your fretboard. So, it’s a must that when you sit down to change the strings, you also clean your fretboard with a cleaner. Use just enough cleaner with the help of an old toothbrush to get that entire gunk off. It will surely give your guitar a smooth action again. But make sure, the cleaner has no mention of lemon oil or else it will damage your fretboard.
So, these were the most basic and essential tools that you need to keep your electric guitar problems at bay. With these, you can fix almost all of your everyday guitar problems at home itself, that too under five minutes. Have these tools handy and save up unnecessary money spent on repairs.