Having a virtual private server is an advantage available to any company. No matter what the size of the company, but today, all have access to multiple options in terms of ERP or CRM to manage the day to day of the company. However, the installation of a corporate application of this type must have been the result of an adequate analysis of the technical structure that has to support it.
However, not all companies can have a budget to enable adequate physical space for a server rack, backup systems, and communications. This space must be adequately prepared to prevent incidents in the field of communications, for easy access to technicians, to have the corresponding temperature controls and fire prevention what is no longer available to any company.
However, there is another possibility for companies for a few years, which is increasingly having more presence in the market. These are virtual private servers (VPS).
Basically, they consist of hiring a service that presents a virtual machine fully operational and adapted to the needs of the client, whatever the sector of the same and that the latter can manage from any location as if it were in front of the console of a physical server.
Who benefits most from a private virtual server?
The accommodation in a VPS is suitable especially for those users with advanced knowledge who are looking for customized accommodation for their project, but who do not have the necessary budget to cover a dedicated server. Due to the wide spectrum of functions of a VPS server, its operation in a public network is only recommended if there is fundamental knowledge about server administration.
Small corporate pages, blogs or informational pages with a moderate number of visits are easy to operate with basic shared hosting, but those more demanding projects, such as communities with many users, medium-sized online stores or corporate pages, are operated better with virtual servers, since they have hardware capable of managing specific traffic increases. Through access to the console, a VPS also allows you to install software that, in general, is not usually included in the shared hosting.
A virtual private server is ideal for medium-sized companies for generating acceptable monthly costs and for its optimal scalability, which means that, if a project needs more performance than originally assumed, it is very easy to change to another rate adequate. Scaling a virtual server, unlike what happens in the case of a dedicated server, also does not imply any data migration, since the hypervisor provides the necessary additional resources
Advantages of VPS
Some of the most notable advantages of this type of service would be the following:
- With a VPS you avoid large purchases of infrastructure and others; we have several server options, so we will only pay for the resources we will use. Also notable is the savings in support equipment, electrical or personal consumption.
- The VPS serves the information from any point, being able to access it from both our work point and, if we are on vacation, from another place.
- The ease of scaling resources based on the specific needs of the company is noteworthy since at work or production points, it is possible to assign new resources to the server to meet those needs.
- In a few minutes, you can have a VPS working and the shutdown/restart periods are minimal.
- VPS offers n very high safety standards, which depend on our information. That is why it is so important to have a reliable supplier.
- The updates on a VPS develop automatically. Thus the company can delegate these tasks to the supplier and with the guarantee of being always updated.
- VPS has a control panel similar to that found on a physical server. You can restart or turn on, schedule copies, create images or interact with the console.
Ask us about our Windows VPS offer. Surely you will find a solution tailored to the company.