Chrysanthemums fully bloom in this time of the year. This flower can be found on Patios, porches, walkways and in window boxes and yards. The other name of this flower is mums or chrysanths. This flower is so cheerful and gorgeous in the autumn light. Most species of this flower were originated in East Asia and China. There are lots of different horticultural varieties and cultivars available. Here are some interesting facts about this flower…
Background of Chrysanthemum
As mentioned before, Chrysanthemums was found in the 15th century China. The Chinese people used these flowers to create herbal remedies to reduce headaches, decrease blood pressure and cure an infection. Japanese are used to call this flower as “Kiku” or “Sekku” for its beauty. In Japan, there is lots of occasion and festivals take place in autumn, where this flower is in full bloom. Chrysanthemum Day, a national holiday is celebrated in Japan on the 9th day of the 9th month of each year. This is one of the five ancient sacred festivals. In Europe, this flower was introduced in the 17th century and given the name “Chrysanthemum” which means “Gold Flower” in Greek. This flower entered in American horticulture in 1798. Nowadays, this flower is found in every country and every flower shop like flowerchimp.com.ph.
This flower can be kept either outdoor or indoors. These plants can be grown in a container or other large pots or depending on your home this flower can perfectly be placed in a window box.
Caring for Chrysanthemums
6 hours of Full sunlight and fertile soil needed to grow this flower. If you are planning to plant these flowers in your garden with other flowers, then keep a distance of about ten inches so they can spread out. You have to water them regularly. Before watering every time, check the soil dry or not, if your soil is dry enough then water them.
Some Interesting Facts about Chrysanthemums
- White chrysanthemums represent purity or wounded heart, red chrysanthemums represents love.
- Chrysanthemums are the official flower of Chicago.
- Tasty Chrysanthemums tea is very handy if you are in flu or troubling to digest spicy foods
- Chrysanthemums or Mums have a variety including cushion, pom-pom, spider, single, quill, anemone, spoon and decorative.
- Chrysanthemums can be very helpful in case of Insecticidal uses.
- John Steinbeck, a famous American author wrote a story named “The Chrysanthemums”.
- Chrysanthemum plants can be used to reduce indoor air pollution.
You can use this flower for any occasion. There are lots of flower delivery services available who can give you the fresh mums with same day delivery option if you live in metros like Quezon City. You just need to contact Flower Shops in Quezon City and they will deliver your desired mums to your address.