Since ancient times, staircases and railings have been seen as convenient ways for the easy movement in the multi storied houses. They have been known to provide enough support and safe assistance to the people using them. If we look back in the architectural structure of the typical old buildings, we would realize that they were certainly not designed keeping in mind aesthetic appeal or beauty. Indeed, while every ancient building or monument boasts of a unique art derived from some sort of an inspiration, there has always been compromise on the patterns of the stair case. Even today, in most of the homes the wooden railing styles have remained unchanged. Moreover, during home decor and interior design, staircases are installed at the end and these are usually overlooked. However, this is no lengthier the case today. Staircases and handrails have become an integral component of the home decor. Extensive degree of innovation has been carried out as materials like brass, aluminum, wire, and glass is being used for construction of staircase and railings. Thus, you can choose from a huge variety of designs, colors, and textures, depending upon your budget and individual style.
Some types of Staircases
- Wrought iron: These staircases lend a classic and an elegant feel to a new home or to a renovated home. You can choose from classic, ornamental with fancy handrails or choose something less swanky and is sleek. The best thing about iron staircases is probably their strength and durability. Their functionality lasts for several years and is capable of supporting the weight of adequate number of people with great efficiency. With regular maintenance and minimal cleaning, iron staircases last for long time. Moreover, they can also be molded according to one’s needs or individual ideas.
- Aluminum Staircases: These staircases and railings give a luxurious feel to every home. Not only are they attractive, polished and durable, but they can also be fabricated in order to fit into any design of the home. You can choose between different designs and colors according to your taste and preferences. They are an ideal combination of safety and beauty for your homes. By nature, aluminum is very strong and light. This makes it easier to install. Moreover unlike other metals, it doesn’t corrode or rust easily, thus the maintenance needs less time and energy. Apart from this, the aluminum is flexible and can be polished in many ways in order to match a particular shape or design.
- Stainless Steel and Wired Staircases: These staircases or railings are a contemporary option. While stainless steel is a tough and durable choice for exterior and interior use, cable wires on the other hand are mostly used for deck stairs installation. This is because they are high on visibility in every direction and they do not obstruct the airflow. Moreover, they lend a very modern and urban feel to the whole setup. Maintenance costs are precluded from this system as they are truly invisible in the form of thin cable wires supported by a steel pole.
- Wooden Staircases: These are far from being modern. In fact, they are the type you generally see gracing the ancient monuments. Wooden staircases have been drastically reduced in the popularity, although some people still opt for them because of the antique aura that these lend to any place. With proper maintenance and regular cleaning, you can expect them to last for a long time.
- Glass Staircases: These are basically a jargon. They are a combination of glass railings and marble stairs or stairs built of other materials. They do present a beautiful outlook but the safety concerns linked with their installation are plenty. Otherwise, they are a common choice for hotel lobby, nursing homes, and plush lounges and so on.
It is important to take into account the overall architecture of a place before choosing and installing a modern staircase. For instance, a modern styled home would not be able to go well with a wooden staircase.
Likewise, an aluminum staircase would look out of place in an older, more opulent home. With multiple types available for Staircases Designs, you can choice the best option. Want more info, please find it here.