There are a lot of reasons why people do not like to wear eyeglasses despite, having some eye problems. Take Arnold for instance. When he was in college, some people commented that his glasses made him look funny and nerdy. So, he decided to start wearing contact lenses. Wearing contacts did not only improve his looks, but his vision as well.
It is a known fact that contact lenses are the best alternative tor eyeglasses. Almost all eyesight problems like nearsightedness, farsightedness or astigmatism can be corrected with the use of contact lenses. However, if you have eyesight problems and want to wear contacts instead of eyeglasses, it is recommended that you visit an expert eye doctor in Dallas. He will check your eye condition so that you will get the right type of contacts that will best suit you.
To help you have an idea on several types of contact lenses that you can choose from, take note of the following:
Hard Type Contact Lenses
– Conventional hard (polymethyl methacrylate, or PMMA) contact lenses. These kinds of lenses are made from a stiff type of transparent plastic. They can help correct a vision without creating an uncomfortable feeling to the person who will wear it.
– Rigid gas-permeable (RGP) contact lenses. These lenses are more comfortable to wear than the conventional hard lenses. There are some gas-permeable contact lenses that are designed to be safely worn overnight even for one week, you just have to clean it every morning. Rigid gas-permeable lenses may be the perfect option for those individuals who suffer from astigmatism.
Soft Type Contact Lenses
– Daily-wear contact lenses. These types of contact lenses should be removed at night and can be cleaned thoroughly using a safe and appropriate contact lens cleaner. For this type of contacts, you need to buy a new set of these lenses at least once a year to prevent eye swelling and itching.
– Extended-wear contact lenses. These types of contact lenses can be worn for up to a week at a time, day and night. However, it is important to note that the extended use of contact lenses can cause an uncomfortable feeling and might increase the risk of damaging your eye.
– Disposable contact lenses. Disposable lenses can be worn for several weeks and can be disposed immediately. But, it will be safe to say that you must ask a Dallas Eyecare specialist to know how long you can wear this kind of contact lenses.
If you feel that you need to wear contact lenses, you can always go to Prestonwood EYECARE. They have the best and the highest quality of contact lenses in their store. They specialize in designing well-fitting contact lenses that provide the patient with both good vision and comfort through the help of their expert and professional optometrist in Dallas.
About the Author:
Jenz Samsun is a teacher and a blogger who’s been wearing eyeglasses since she was in high school. She loves to have at least three different styles of eyeglasses because she said you can still be fashionable with your eyeglasses on. You just have to choose the right frame designs and brands to make you look “Smart Fashionista”. She even wrote in one of her blogs tips how to look glamorous even with eyeglasses.