A gateway is the focal point of a home’s exterior. Dressed with an excellent lock set and elegant knocker, the door executes a friendly welcome while also preventing the burglars to enter easily. Doors are indeed the first thing we get hold of when we arrive at home and the last thing we push before leaving. So, it’s simple to understand why most of the people prefer selecting wooden doors. They are elegant, can be easily customized in any size or shape and come in various options such as carvings, panel configurations, etc. Some major benefits of Wood Doors are:
- Since wood have high R-values, hence wooden doors are not affected by temperature.
- It makes your home look very elegant and attractive.
- You can get it polished or painted in any color.
- No chance of rusting.
- Longer life span if superior quality timber is used.
- It’s very easy to alter wooden door.
Although wooden doors are little expensive, but their beauty and benefits are well worth the cost if you get the right one. Some of superlative wooden doors are solid hardwood. They are quite durable, strong, and are better at protecting. There are various online stores that work as wooden doors manufacturers, suppliers, distributors, and online retailers. They provide large collection of solid wooden doors and other carved wooden furniture in different designs (both modern & conventional), colors, and styles. Most of the well-known manufacturers use 100% seasoned wood such as Meranti,Teak, Shisham, Ply wood, and Sal to manufacture the items.
How safe is your door?
Well… it’s the most common misconception that most of the people have for wooden doors that they break off easily as compared to other steel or fiberglass ones. It’s just a myth. The fact is that it’s not the door but the latch side of the door which is weak. To overcome this problem, you can get an extra-long security strike plate installed. Below given are the major factors that you must consider before selecting a wooden door:
- Thickness of the Door: A heavy 1¾ inches thickness beats 1 3/8 and still takes standard locksets. More than this thickness, you will surely need bigger hinges and special lock.
- Hinges: Make sure that your carpenter is using 3-inch-long screws in all the hinges.
- Glass: Regular door lights manufactured of moderated glass will surely not stop the intruder to pass through. Hence, make sure that you order hurricane-rated glass.
- Lockset: Mortise locks are much powerful than the typical ones from a home center.
The carp on the wooden doors – they wrap – that’s the thing of the past. For more than two decades, most of the manufacturers have been crafting their doors with glued-up engineered-wood cores, which conquered the tendency of solid-wood to twist and cup. Hence, no worries! Simply go get attractive Meranti wood doors, Ply doors, or get carving doors for enhancing the look of your bungalow.