There can be many tasks urging you to pull your hair out of frustration – like, cleaning poop of your baby, the kitchen drainage issues or the spilling of your entire garbage bag on your carpet. But cleaning vomit tops the list of unpleasant things to deal with! And this most unpleasant thing becomes even more unbearable when it falls on your precious carpet!
Your carpet is one the most attractive parts of your home interiors. It simply adds to the pleasant charm of your home. And this beautiful addition turns into a horror when there’s vomit on it. Plus the unbearable smell is enough to make you cringe and run away from the place. And cleaning it can be the most disgusting job to do.
How to clean the vomit mess from your carpets?
You may be ready to challenge yourself with the cleaning of that ugly mess on your carpet. But let us tell you, this task isn’t easy at all! It is better that you contact Carpet Cleaning For Perth for carpet cleaning in ellenbrook for cleaning this mess and other such issues with your carpet. They’ll bring all the necessary equipment to deal with it along with their experienced workmen and make your carpet clean and rejuvenated. But in case you want to try cleaning the mess yourself, or temporarily manage the situation and contact a professional later, follow the below mentioned steps:
- Get ready for the task — So, are you ready for the most difficult task of your life? Get geared up by putting on your disposable gloves, and keep an extra pair handy. Wear your mask because you know how unbearable the smell can be! Now get all your detergent supplies and air freshener ready with you along with scraper and paper towels to clean the mess. (Also, don’t forget to turn on the fan and open windows immediately, so that the odour goes away through the windows.)
- Get rid of the mess and the residue on the carpet — Now comes the messiest part. Take a scrapper or similar equipment and start collecting the mess in a disposable garbage bag. Ensure to clean the area thoroughly and deeply so that the dirt settled in the depth of the carpet fibres also gets scrapped (but remember not to rub the area).
- Cleaning the stain and dirty area— Even though you cleaned the entire dirt, some stain and dirt do remain on that particular area. Remember to clean this too, because this can be a cause of germs, nasty stain and/or unbearable smell later. Use all your good detergents and wipe the area with a microfiber mop twice or thrice by adding some water during the process.
- Try the internet hacks — Even after using good detergents, there can be some stains and dirt that won’t budge. To deal with the same, try those internet hacks – like, warm water treatment, using baking soda, vinegar or corn-starch, etc. for cleaning the area thoroughly.
- Dry the area thoroughly— It’s important to dry the area thoroughly so that the wetness doesn’t lead to a nasty smell later. You can keep the fan and windows on and open respectively for long or use a dryer to do away with the wetness. Make sure you dry this spot thoroughly.
- The air freshening task — After the cleaning and drying is completely finished, you’ll need to get rid of that odour somewhat still present in the air. Use a good air freshener and spray the same generously in the room. You can also use a detergent that smells good to skip this step.
Now, did you get an idea why we said that this process can be really a tiresome one? Simply let the experts handle the dirty work, and come back to a happy and clean home!