The roof of your house has one core function, and that is to protect you from the elements. While aesthetically an important part of your property exterior, you probably don’t spend a long time admiring your roof. For most people, it just needs to not leak while also adequately insulating their property.
When your roof fails in this regard, you have two options. You can do a patch job and hope it doesn’t cause any more problems, or you can replace it entirely. If you go with the latter, you have many choices of roofing materials. For roof restoration in Sydney, metal roofing is often the most sensible solution.
The Pros of Metal Roofing
1. Longevity: This is the first and foremost advantage of having a metal roof. Metal roofs can last anywhere from 40 to 70 years. While you might not live in the same house for that long, when the time to sell comes, it’ll be an attractive feature.
2. Durability: Australia’s weather can be harsh and extreme. Metal roofs are resilient and can withstand strong wind.
3. Variety: This might be surprising, but you can choose from many metal types, including aluminium, zinc, galvanized steel, or copper. You can adjust your style and budget accordingly.
4. Energy efficiency: Aluminium reflects solar heat, making your house more energy efficient by cooling it down.
5. Safety: Metal roofs will not go up in flames in fire or a lightning strike.
The Cons of Metal Roofing
1. Cost: Metal roofs are not the most affordable option due to its high cost. But if you consider the longevity and durability, an up-front investment can be extremely worthwhile.
2. Noise: In the event of heavy rain or wind, your metal roof can be quite noisy.
I think you’ll agree that the advantages of a metal roof replacement far outweigh its disadvantages. While the initial costs can be prohibitive, your satisfaction will be much higher.
For more information on Roof Restoration Sydney,Please visit: Arrowroofing.com.au