Have you heard about this test before? Hmm, the rice purity test is a test of innocence. Yep, how innocent are you or you have any skeletons in your cupboard?
The rice purity test is a self-graded survey that aims to access how innocent the participant is regarding affairs of the world such as sex, drugs, alcohol, illicit affairs, deceit or any acts of indecency with 100% being the purest and 0% being the least pure or signifying how daring you are. The test was circulated in the 1980s, long before the internet.
The Origin of the Rice Purity Test
The origin is a funny one, the rice purity test started with a survey of 100 questions that aimed to track students’ progress about their experience in the university environment. It was started at Rice University, Huston, Texas. However, these days the rice university test is an online quiz that our youth have taken it for granted.
The Rice Purity Test Scoring
Okay, the score ranges from 100 to 0 percent and below are the breakdown.
- A score of 98 -100 means that you are as pure and innocent as a new baby
- A score of 97 through 94 means you are still pure but have probably indulged in a few voices like having a romantic connection or kissed the significant other.
- A score of 93 – 77 means that you are a little risk taker and indulge in certain immoral acts such as French kissing, masturbated or more
- A score of 76 through 45 means you are one bad girl/guy. This score means that you have done one too many “evil” deeds like having sex after being overly drunk or having public sex.
- A score of 44 through 9 means you are hardcore and partake in weird acts like anal sex in public using lg sex toys like anal beads to hard drugs or problem with the law.
- A score of 8 and below means that you are really hardcore daring, the score are not necessarily meant to startle you as your life affairs are your business and what is private should remain private.
Is the Rice Purity Test a Sham?
The question on the survey starts from simple questions like holding hands and kissing to hard and more aggressive question that deals with felony and problems with the law which is really as some may put it a show of purity or innocence.
Experts believe that the test is not only inaccurate in reading or accesses the innocence of a person but it is wrong to score the innocence of a person by a test that speaks more on the negatives rather than the positives.
They also claim that the test will increase the rate of bullying among youth and will have naïve youths wanting to change or perform certain of the acts in the survey just to please or belong to a clique.
Overall the rice purity test is creating a degrading sense of inequality among people as college kids have found a way to shame classmate and friends.
The idea of the rice purity test might have lost the initial intent; it has nevertheless made young people understand the importance of privacy and not revealing too much about themselves.