Here is the truth about all the side sleepers out there. 15% of the adult are not satisfied with their mattress. But it is so important to choose the right mattress for the optimal spine health
According to the researchers, It helps to maintain spinal alignment and minimizes pressure in lower back and spine.
But getting these benefits gets an optimal spine and lower back health significantly trickier if you do not have a right mattress. In this The side sleepers guide on the Perfect Mattress We will help you to find the best mattress for side sleepers.
The side sleepers buying guide
Firmness and support may sound the same. But both are different and works differently.A misaligned spine will cause nothing but a rush killing back pain.So how do you pick a mattress with enough support? Here is how
- Get a mattress that has enough support.
- It should ensure proper spinal alignment while changing the position back and forth.
- Pick mattresses that do not let the hip to sink in to the mattress.
Firmness is how well it relieves body pressure back. Here is how to make sure the best firmness for side sleepers and hip pain:
- Soft to medium firmness is best for side sleepers
- Pick one that is rated 4 to 7 in the scale of firmness A
- A soft mattress is the best mattress for hip pain.
For overweight side sleepers
Do you weight more than 250 pounds?If yes then take these steps to pick the best mattress for an overweight side sleeper.
- Go for a thicker mattress. A ten inch mattress and up.
- Pick mattress with firm or medium firmness.
- Your body should not sink into the mattress at any point.
- Check whether If your body sinks too much otherwise, the misalignment will cause you to ache.
Mattress suggestions for the side sleepers:
Finding the best mattress is not an easy task. So, we chose the following mattresses that have positives reviews from the users. A trial is also a good option if you are too confused.
Layla mattress is quite capable of providing much comfort as it has two different firmness setting. You can choose between the firmness settings of soft or firm as you want, but the soft choice is a better choice for side sleepers.
- It is constructed with four layers
- The firm side is made of copper-infused memory foam.
- The next layer is made with poly foam.
- The third layer ensures the airflow to keep you cool.
- The fourth layer is the less firm layer.
- It is also infused with copper memory foam.
- The cover is made with gel to keep you cool.
If you are too concerned about the warranty of your mattress then nectar is the best for you. The company gives 365 days trial, and you will be able to find out all good and bad things about it within that time.
- nectar mattress has the firmness of 6 which is perfect for side sleepers.
- Nectar mattress is also made in four layers.
- The first layer is made of polyfoam of 5.75 inches.
- The next 1.5 inches is made of core memory foam.
- The third layer is made of gel memory foam, and it helps with body contouring.
- The fourth layer is made of gel memory foam to give you better breathability.
If you something a bit more luxurious then you have to check out the Casper wave mattress. It is quite soothing to sleep on as it will be taking care of each side of your body quite differently.
- It has three layers of foam, and each of them has a different purpose
- Releases pressure off the tight shoulders,
- Quite good for the lumbar region
- Gives support in the hip area