People always like to keep their house beautiful and for meaningful changes and upgrades to make their house more comfortable and luxurious. Homeowners often remodel and renovate their houses to include modern elements and trends. A house is an investment, and the more you invest in improving its looks, the more you will get in return. One of the growing trends among homeowners is converting their loft space and not only adding another room in the house but making their house more sophisticated. A loft is usually the upper story or attic room in the house which is directly under the roof and mostly accessed through a ladder.
Lofts are commonly found in many houses across the country, and few homeowners think to utilize the loft space in an effective and efficient manner and make it into a more functional room which can be a bedroom, a study room, and an office or storage space. A person can plan to convert the loft on its own, but it is better to employ services of expert loft conversion company who have the necessary experience and skills. The different reasons for loft conversion Bristol
- For additional living space if you have a growing family and the current space is quite small. You can think of moving into another house but converting a loft is less stressful and expensive as compared to moving to another house.
- Enhance the looks and feel of your house. It is seen that a loft conversion can add up to 20% in the value of the house.
- Add extra bathroom. If the house has a limited number of bathrooms than you can convert the loft into a bathroom to be used by your family or any visiting guest
- Converting the loft space into a bedroom is a common choice, but many people also like to make the loft into an office space. If you are an entrepreneur or running a startup company, then a small office room is best for you to manage office affairs.
- You can build a comfortable room with all the luxuries and rent out the room
- If the house has little storage space, then you can convert the loft in storage space.
- You want a room to relax and read a book or paint and converting your loft in a study room is also quite desirable
There are quite a few steps involved in converting a loft, which is why it is necessary to find the right builder who can convert the loft according to your ideas and plan. The loft conversion company or builder will first come to your house to discuss the loft conversion and discussing the amount of work needed for the project. The budget for the loft conversion will depend on the number of suppliers to be used and the labor work. The builder will also consider three factors to decide whether your loft space can be easily converted or not. The reasons include
- The internal height from the top of the ceiling to the ridge board should be 2,500 mm
- The roof pitch is the angle of the roof. The higher the pitch angle, the higher central head height
- The footprint should measure 5,500 mm from side to side.
There are different builders who offer suitable loft conversion Bristol by preparing the correct drawings and designs according to your ideas. The builders will not only prepare the drawings but also get necessary approvals. The planning permission is not required, but the new conversion should not harm the stability and sustainability of the existing structure.