Trying to decide if you should take a vacation to Belize? Belize is a wonderful country that is in a remote location with Mexico to its north border and the Caribbean Sea to its east. The country is approximately 8,867 miles in size and has a population of about 312,000 people. It will probably surprise you to know that English is the main language spoken there but with an influx of Latino immigrants in the past five years Spanish is the second language there. The population density is the lowest in South America according to a 2011 census which makes plenty of uninhabited land for you to discover. If you like metropolis places such as Cancun then Belize may not be the place for you but if you like the quiet peaceful sound of nothing but the ocean and the trees blowing in the wind then this is the perfect vacation spot. The country gained its independence from Great Britain on September 21, 1981 and the country has thrived ever since. The eco system in Belize is a major contributor to the world’s eco system. The climate is divided into two season, the rainy season and dry season. The rainy season is typically between June to November and most of the rain occurs during this time period. Now, that we know where Belize is located, the languages spoken there and the types of seasons that it has let’s look at the top ten reasons you would love to go to Belize.
- English is the native language in Belize. Have you ever visited a country and you can’t understand what people are saying to you because you don’t speak the language? Well, have no fear because here you will speak the same language they do and it will make your vacation much less stressful
- The food is literally to die for. Due to its location and being in the Caribbean the food you will eat there is fresh and tastes wonderful. There are many five star rated restaurants for you to try everything on a very diverse menu.
- You will have fun in the sun. The beaches are white and the water crystal clear. You won’t have to drive far because some of the best resorts to visit in Belize are located directly on the beach or directly on the water. Yes, I said water. There are resorts such as Thatch Caye Resort in Belize that offer over the water bungalows that are sure to give you a one of a kind experience.
- Travel cost to Belize is very affordable. There are many different vacation travel packages that offer vacations to Belize. They offer hotel accommodation; airfare and some are even all inclusive which will save you even more money.
- Belize has a low population density, there is hardly any industrial activity and the commercial side of things is very slow. Therefore, the wildlife is something amazing to see there. Belize is home to the only Jaguar preserve. Whale sharks are very well known in this area as well, but don’t worry because they are harmless to humans because they eat plankton and fish eggs.
- If you’re a history buff then you will be excited to know that the country has around one thousand Mayan ruins there for you to explore. You will get to go on vacation and get to see a major part of the world’s history by visiting all or some of the ruins.
- Have you ever heard of the Great Blue Hole? Well, now you have and it’s located a couple miles off of Belize. It’s so spectacular that you can see if from outer space. It was once an inland but collapsed and when it did it created this big giant hole. Divers from all around the world come to the Big Blue Hole every year.
- Want to eat a Gibnut? If so, then come to Belize and order it off of almost any restaurant’s menu. Wait, don’t you want to know what it is before you stick it in your mouth? The Gibnut is a rainforest rodent that is considered a game meat in Belize and often referred to as the Royal Rat.
- Don’t want to give up your smartphone or laptop on your trip to Belize? Well, you don’t have to because the electricity in Belize is the same as it is in the United State. They have the same electrical outlets and run off of 110-120 volts so no special cords or adaptors are needed. You’ve got mail!
- It’s time for breakfast. You can rest easy because coffee is readily available here just like it is here in the United States. So the only decision you will have to make is creamer or milk in your coffee.
Belize is a wonderful and diverse country that isn’t heavily populated which makes for a perfect vacation place for you and your family. The Turtle Inn and Coco Plum Island Resort are two of the best resorts to visit when you take your vacation to this wonderful country.