Sulfuric acid- the king of chemicals deserves the title for more than a thousand reasons. The major reason being, its involvement in major fields such as petroleum industries, chemical industry, automotive manufacturing, soap industries, fertilizer production and so on. There are many bulk chemical suppliers who prepare either concentrated or diluted forms of this acid and supply to various regions. This highly dangerous acid reacts almost with any chemical and researchers have found great use with this chemical over the years to put it to good use. Here are some of the uses of sulfuric acid for different industries around the world:
- Sulfuric acid is used in the production of ammonium sulfate and superphosphate of lime. The concentration of the acid put in use should be precise as one can observe from www.ccc-group.com and it requires great care while handling different chemicals. Both the fertilizers are used throughout the world for improving the productivity of the crop and also for having resistance to different diseases.
- Sulfuric acid is useful in chemical industry mainly because it is the main contributor in the production of sulfate salts, nitric acid, hydrochloric acid, etc. These substances have various uses ranging from chemical production to educational experimentation. Hydrochloric acid is found in almost every laboratory around the world because of its importance as a chemical solution. Any Canadian chemical distributor would agree to the fact that without the expansive use of sulfuric acid in the production hydrochloric acid, there won’t be such a huge business opportunity for them.
- The rust accumulated on the steel rolls will be cleaned by the use of sulfuric acid. After cleaning the rolls, they are used for the production of components for automotives such as trucks and cars. The same steel is sometimes used for the production of household appliances as well.
- High-octane petrol, which has a great burning efficiency, thereby producing greater results while used for vehicles, is produced by refining the petroleum with the help of Sulfuric acid. It is the same reason for which it is used in lead-acid batteries of a car and other automotives. It acts as electrolyte to improve the functionality of the battery, hence it is called ‘battery acid’.
- Bulk chemical suppliers also provide sulfuric acid to the paper industry. Although, many people don’t know about this fact, but aluminum sulfate a key chemical in the production of paper is prepared by using the king of chemicals.
- Synthetic detergents, drugs, dyes, pigments, explosives, etc. are also manufactured with the help of sulfuric acid. So, one can understand that this acid is involved in the production of almost everything. It is also a great chemical to remove the impurities from gasoline and used in refineries to avoid the formation of impurities.
- Rayon – a predominant chemical compound used in the textile industry is prepared from sulfuric acid.
As one can observe, sulfuric acid is literally everywhere and millions of tons of this acid is produced across the world every year. If you feel that the acid is need to your industry as well, then contact a Canadian chemical distributor to get the full details about the advantages of having it delivered to you.