Pests fall under three major categories, namely; rodents, insects, and reptiles. Whichever the category they fall under they have the power or the ability to subject you to untold suffering and losses. When it comes to suffering, do not be fooled by their small stature. Some of them can inflict marks or deposit disease-causing pathogens to your body.
The solution to your pest problem can be through doing it yourself procedures or through hiring the services of a pest control expert or firm. Going the expert way will be a much more effective way of eradicating the pests, why? The aspect of professionalism. Other reasons why you will need to hire the experts are;
- Their understanding of what environments attract which pests
- Understanding how the pests breed
- Understanding the pests anatomy
- Being aware of all the possible effects of having them around
- They know the best remedy for the pests in your home
Amco ranger & termite control are one of such experts; one of their specialties is termite control. Termites have a reputation of being industrious, but once they invade your home that turns into destruction and assume the title pests. The following are the three main procedures or steps that ensure a permanent solution to your termite problem;
- Species identification
It is essential to know the exact species of termites that are invading your home. Why is this step critical? It helps in identifying the most effective solution for the termite species you will be having around. Some of the common termite pests include;
- Formosan termites prefer humid temperatures or environments. And are common in humid months or seasons
- The eastern subterranean termites, which also prefer the humid temperatures and environments.
- Then there are the dry wood termites. This species of termites prefer dry wood and are mostly found in the southern states.
- The inspection
This is the second most crucial step of the process. What does this process involve? It means looking or searching for the clues that may prove the existence of the termites. This can be done in and around the house. The following are some of the signs that you should look out for;
- Mud tubes- these are tunnels built by the termites to facilitate their movement in and around the house. They also make these tubes to protect them from things such as the surrounding temperatures. Sometimes termites will dig tunnels under the wood, and it is, therefore, vital to knock wood frames and especially painted frames.
- Wings- termites shed off their wings is usually a strong indication that you have a colony around. It is therefore vital to look for clues and possibly locate the colony.
- Frass- these might be a little difficult to spot, but employing a keen eye should do the trick. Frass is usually left behind when termites eat their way through the world in search of cellulose.
- The solution
After identifying the termite species in your home and inspecting the extent of the damage. The most suitable solution can be identified. This is also based on the estimated population of the termites. It is, therefore, more than essential to follow these procedures.