Extending a home means getting a bigger house without moving. There are many benefits acquired by extending the house.
If you are in a confusion of moving or extending your home, experts say that extending your house is more profitable compared to moving. It completes at low cost compared to moving and there are no tensions due to changes in the environment and surroundings. But there are a few things you must know before planning extensions.
What Do You Need To Consider Before Thinking Of Extension?
- Do you require this extension?
- Do the soil conditions support?
- What about the surrounding trees?
- Does it affect your parking?
- Any chance of flooding? Is there any history?
How Much Do These Extensions Cost?
If you are in Sydney and planning for home extension in Sydney, the charges for extensions would be moderate only. In short, the amount that may cost for extensions would be less than that of moving.
Ways To Finance Your Extension
There is a lot of ways to finance an extension. Here are the options which will help you in financing the extension.
- If you need a small amount then interest-free credit cards are a better option.
- If the amount is more then go for a personal loan. The personal amount will almost cover the extension costs. If you are extending bathroom or kitchen, you can buy the fixtures on your credit card.
- If the requirement wasn’t covered by personal loan then you can take a secured loan against the property or remortgage loan. Keep in mind that take this loan if you can afford it.
There is no need to worry about VAT as the government doesn’t impose it for extensions.
If you are planning to extend your home, then you can get the extension insurance in case of any issues occurred while constructing.
Grants from Local Authority
Getting the permission from local authority is a hectic task in this extension process. But if you hire a commercial construction company for your building extension, you may get an edge of getting grant quickly because of their connections and reputation.
There are some regulations you must follow even when you are extending your home. You can get the supervisor to check your building in two ways
- Send a full plan report to the local authority and pay a minimal amount of fee. The supervisor would visit your building in different phases.
- You can submit a notice acknowledging them that you are going to extend your house in two days. The supervisor will come and check your extensions.
If you hire a professional construction company, they will get this process done instead of you.
These are some of the things that you must consider before extending your house. If you are in Sydney and are planning for building extension in Sydney, you will get many commercial constructions companies to help you.